Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Recap.

So, it happened again...I cried on my way to work after leaving Button at daycare. How many times will this happen before it stops? Never? And he's only seven and a half months old. I'm in for it.

Wasn't this the most amazing weekend of weekends? It was. Until yesterday. We went out to eat with the family and we put Elliot with his car seat in a high chair, you know how you flip it over and it's wide enough to put the seat in there? But then the bottom is now narrow making it so unbalanced? This is something we NEVER EVER do. It just seems so dangerous. We always use a chair and put it against the table so that the car seat doesn't move at all. Well for some reason, against our better judgement, we just did it. We thought Elliot would be okay. I got up for only a second and that's all it took for me to hear a loud crash and Jack screaming "oh shit!" and find Elliot under the table face down. The Best Mama Award goes to...not me. Everyone was staring! I felt terrible!

Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I thought and after only crying for about 30.2 seconds he calmed down and only had a little bruise above his eyebrow. Not that this makes it okay but it's certainly much better than him splitting his head open. Never again, lesson learned. Whew, what a freaking scare. None of us could even finish our dinner. After that when we got home it took lots of kisses and snuggles with a full checkup from my mom and he was back to his normal little self. My poor little Monkey.

Okay, besides that, the weekend was great. It was so relaxing. Knowing that we wouldn't have to go to work on Monday was the best feeling.

We started Saturday night with beer and crossword puzzles. You know how I told you I recently discovered that Jack shares my obsession? Yup, call us nerds. They're just so much fun to figure out. Every time we complete one, we date it and write our names on it. So dramatic.



Saturday we started late and it felt damn good. No rushing out of the house early, no pressure getting ready, no projects to start or finish, we just let time make the calls. A quick trip to Target also happened ;)

Sunday we had a little cookout for ourselves. Burgers, brats and homemade guacamole. We completely stuffed ourselves. There's nothing like the sun coming in through your window, your hubby on the grill, and you preparing everything else with a beer in hand, a happy baby in his high chair, and some good food cooking waiting to be demolished. I love days like these.


With these in hand :)


And this baby boy was there too. Because playing requires so much concentration.


Then Monday rolled around and we got that feeling of, oh-shit-we-gotta-get-ready-for-work-and-daycare and it just sucks. You know what I'm talking about?  Our only consolation was that at least it would be a four day week and we will get to the weekend soon again. Till then, we work.

Yup, I know the feeling Button.

Also, I ended up ordering this crib in this espresso color in case you were wondering :) Finally Elliot will have an actual little bed to sleep in.


Hope your Labor Day weekend was great!





4 comments:

  1. I was always afraid to put Mya in those little chairs for that exact reason! So scary but glad he's ok! And for what it's worth, I cried everyday for the first 2 weeks back to work, but slowly it gets more tolerable. :) Good luck working mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The thing is, it's been about 5 months since I've been back to work lol! I'm better but it's still not any easier!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure it ever gets easier to leave them either. Mac's 15 months and it kills me everytime I have to walk out that door. Why can't he just come to work with me? Oh right, because I'd get absolutely nothing done and neither would anyone else. :) Glad you guys had a nice weekend. Sounded a lot like ours, beers and burgers and lots of relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh right?! I can't imagine how I will be when Elliot gets to that age when he can say "mama don't go!". Oh well we will see when the time comes. Nice! Those are my kind of weekends :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...