Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Recap.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Jack is on Thanksgiving vacation (if there's such thing) and is off the entire week. I think that took pressure off of us and we had a great weekend. Thinking about the prepping and getting everything done early on Sunday night for the next week ahead is a little bit stressful and we had none of that!

We kicked off Friday with some Christmas decorating. Yes, Christmas, as in Christmas tree. We loved it! I had been buying ornaments and decorations for a while now and I can say that everything turned out pretty amazing. We are not done yet but I'm happy with where we are at so far. That gives me plenty of time to finish on time without rushing. Doing anything with a baby takes about twenty and a half days longer and I wasn't up for that. So early decorating it is. I still have the mantel and table along with other areas of the house left but those can wait until after Thanksgiving. At least I'm keeping a bit of the tradition going right?



I can say that Button was excited to be in the room with us helping and of course trying to get into everything he could. 

Yeah give mama a heart attack why don't you.


I had been eyeing these lit branches from Target for a while and finally got them on Saturday. I put them in a basket (they're battery operated- win!) with this owl and a cozy throw. It really makes the room look cozier. I'm thinking about getting some more to put around the house.


Jack even put these up on our bedroom door and I love them!



Saturday we made a yummy hot breakfast consisting of cheesy eggs and fries and Egg yolk, baked potato & cheese for this little one.



We also did our weekly grocery shopping and I squealed at the idea of putting Elliot in his coat and hat! Finally some winter gear worthy weather. Can you spot the bag of Doritos? ;)



It was time to take Elliot's ten month pictures and he was not having it. He hated the lights for some reason, I wanted him to hold them but he cried and cried when they were touching his feet or legs until I just put them around him, Jack made him laugh and I snapped away. This one was a fail.


If you follow me on Instagram (@shadiabrown) you saw that there was a win! 


Saturday night was spent drinking some beers with my brother and sister then came home to watch Home Alone 2. Fell asleep as soon as the Wet Bandits caught a glimpse of Kevin. Boo.

Sunday we stayed in all day long and the cold weather called for some chocolate muffins with coffee, movies and a yummy soup.


 I cannot wait for Thanksgiving and all the food I'm going to eat! And for more decorations!

Have a great week!


10 comments:

  1. I found your blog through "Fabulously Faint", and enjoy it so much already! I hope to be putting up my tree soon! Your little button is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me with the hat and jacket? That is the cutest little winter outfit I've ever seen. And as mean as it sounds, sometimes crying pictures are just as cute as the smiling ones lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it, he is so cute!!! Seriously.... maybe he's Sophia future husband. (that is, if Prince George backs out :p) Haha!
    Love your tree!
    Sara
    Life with Baby Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to put up our tree!!! I LOVE that lit branch from Target! I'm seeing a couple of those in my future ;) And look how sneaky he looks getting on that ladder- that rascal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that you have the tree up already. I've been dying to put ours up and I'm hoping to before Thanksgiving. We decorated our house outside yesterday. Best time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We decorated this weekend too. I think everyone is having a hard time waiting this year. Christmas is in the air early this year and I love it! ;) I had no idea they had battery lit branches. I've actually been looking for something like that! Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree! Can't wait to decorate the house all Christmas for Stella!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH-mazing photos!!! We did our tree too! This time of year is so much fun!!!!….especially with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekend was divine, as was mine. Nothing better then being home with the family without all the hustle and bustle. I've started my decorating as well, and hopefully will finish it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwww. The light picture is sooooo friggin cute. I'm glad you got a win one, poor guy.

    Pretty awesome to have the whole week off too. Lots of food and family!

    Your tree looks perf in that nook - doesn't it take a stupidly long time to get any decorating done with a babe? oy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...