Monday, December 2, 2013

Decorations & DIY Weekend.

Have you been eating turkey leftovers for the past week couple of days till you're turkey'd out? We have! I think today is the last day of leftovers. It was too good to get rid of. I've been cooking turkey everything and Elliot and Jack have been loving it. Me on the other hand, I'm ready for a normal meal.

I don't think Button is tired of it just yet. He loved it so much he ate it by the handfuls and reached for it before it landed on his tray. And made a complete mess with about 75% of it actually landing in his mouth.



This weekend was all about Christmas decorations preparation. I have some DYI's in mind and have gotten started on some but I still have a ways to go which is why we put up the Christmas tree a week before Thanksgiving. By the looks of Instagram I am glad I wasn't the only one! It's hard with a baby roaming around trying to get into the fireplace and eat off of it.

I have been pinning away on my Christmas board  looking for some great ideas from table decor to trees & wreaths. I found this wreath that goes perfectly with my knitted theme and although I'm modifying it to fit the materials I already have, I love the colors and look of it. How cute are these napkins!? I'm thinking about doing these in white.


I got these awesome plates at Target but after much thought I'm going to exchange them for the silver ones. The gold ones look beautiful but I'm not so sure they work year round with the rest of the house decor. The napkins and straws are so cute and match everything I have! Thanks to Jack who saw these and told me about them otherwise I would have walked right by them (gasp!).


I'm working on our mantel and still plan to add a couple more things like this letter covered in white yarn.



These stockings were on sale at Target, I love how they look so cozy and even got a little one for Elliot. The silver flutes are from Nambé. We got them to toast on our wedding three years ago and this is the first time I took them out of the box again to display them. They're so pretty and go perfectly with the silver reindeer.


I will post the finished product once I'm done! My plan is to make the house as cozy as possible. Even if it's seventy degrees outside.



 We lit this candle and I loved how it smelled for the first five minutes. After that I got kind of tired of it and the house smelling so much like chocolate. I guess it's back to my regular scents! Hey, I gave it a try.


Elliot looked like a little man in this outfit this weekend. His jeans are still a little big on him but I couldn't get over how grown he looked!


 We also ordered our first ever holiday cards and I am beyond excited to see how they turn out! I usually design that kind of stuff but with my iMac being down and all my programs in there, we resorted to Shutterfly and got them 50% off PLUS free shipping! Score! Thanksgiving special. ;)

Have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. Is it sad that I'm jealous that you have a fun last name initial to decorate? There's so many cute ideas on Pinterest but all of the "O's" I've found just wind up looking like boring circles. First world problems right? ;)
    Love all of your other decor though! So clean and classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those napkins and paper straws..I totally have to go pick some up asap. I like silver better then gold typically because, like you said, it matches more. I want to throw a NYE party and gold and silver is the theme. Great job on the decor. Looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your son. He is the perfect mix of you and your husband. Your holiday decor is gorgeous. Can't wait to finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done so far! I love the yarn wrapped things, I don't think mine would ever look good though. He is so cute in his jeans...like a proper tiny human! I love that he loves the turkey, Aria goes nuts for the cranberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mantel!! Looks so cute...and so did that blue jean baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love how you decorate your mantel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a little man he is!!! And no matter how cold it is, that precious boy warms up a home in no time!! Come DIY my house?...I'll babysit;)

    Boy, oh {mamas} boys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...