Monday, August 18, 2014

Birthday Weekend.

It was the hubs birthday on Friday and I planned a little birthday party with a few of our friends. I'll say one thing, we aren't kids anymore. Holy mother of hangovers! I haven't felt like that in a long time. Elliot went to bed super late and decided to make it an early morning party again when he woke up at around seven. I was feeling like a truck ran me over and over for a couple of days even though it was only that one night of a couple of drinks. Jack wasn't feeling as bad so he got up to make me a virgin bloody Mary, he's a life saver.


So let me go back to the beginning. Friday was Jack's official birthday and the day I planned to give him his gifts. I got him a few shirts, the newest Stephen King book and Cards Against Humanity. He loved everything.


We then had to clean the house and yard. Ugh! But we were done pretty quick and got to rest for a bit.

Saturday morning started like this.



With D-Day ahead of us we needed all the energy we could get! We then headed to Starbucks and SAM's to get everything we needed. The Goldfish worked for about three seconds this time before we let him run around the store.



We tried taking naps to be able to stay up past ten, nine for me (ha) but we couldn't! We got up and started prepping. Elliot helped Jack put the beer in the cooler but not before smelling it? He's smelling everything nowadays, it's so cute because Jack does the exact same thing!



We planned for a super simple menu because I just didn't want to worry too much about it. I didn't want to have Jack grilling all day so we went with burgers and hot dogs. He grilled them in bulk once people started arriving so that they would be done quickly and he could come in and party with us. We had some fruit, pasta salad, chips and dip and lots of drinks. :) One of Jack's coworkers brought a box of the best sweet bread! It was so so good.



We had a full house! It was so much fun and Elliot loved it! Once it was getting a little later and the real drinking had begun, our amazing neighbors took Elliot for a few hours so that we could enjoy the party without having to be after him every two seconds. They're the best! We first sang happy birthday and had red velvet cake. Yum!



They brought Elliot back once he was tired (way past his bedtime), I got him in his jammies and he passed out. I whipped the monitor out and took it with me wherever I went. We did two rounds of shots (I can't even think about that right now) and played Cards Against Humanity once things started winding down a bit and a couple of people left.



The aftermath the next morning was insane and we didn't care. All I wanted to do was stay in bed and Elliot loved it because that meant he could add to the list of things to clean up. Thanks kid.




After we started feeling a bit better, we cleaned up and relaxed the entire day. We even had a chance to take Elliot outside to take a walk and eat Popsicles that tasted like Heaven after feeling like shit all day and eating a ton of bad food. 


 It was such a fun night and weekend. Everyone seemed to enjoy the party! Beer was spilled, shots were taken and memories were made. One thing I learned is that we are no longer crazy party people and we for sure felt it this weekend and sleeping super late when you have to get up extra early is not cool anymore. We used to be able to pull that off three days in a row and now, not so much. Now it will take us about two weeks to recover. ;) Hope you had a great weekend!

P.S. I need a pillow NOW.

7 comments:

  1. So jealous! Looks like you guys had so much fun. Us mamas (and daddys) need that every once in a while. But who am I kidding? Last time I felt a buzz was in march! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with the way u dress him!!! And I hear ya lady, I can't hang like I used to!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah the beer smelling pic!!! love!
    oh man, yes...late nights, and anything over 1.5 drinks equals disaster anymore. Those days of being handed a shot of this new fun thing I just got upon walking in to a friend's house are just no more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to attend and organize another event here. The staff is really helpful and pleasant although our bartender was a bit slow, we were still happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl. My house looks like that WITHOUT a party the night before. Happy bday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the BEST wifey!! What an awesome birthday for your hubs! Feeling crappy is just proof that we are getting old ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell through the pictures that your hubs was having a great time. And my house looks like that on the regular with my three running about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...