Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Our Weekend.

We are getting to those toddlerhood days where they revolve around an 18 month old and his decision on the amount of time we get to spend inside a store. ;)

He is starting to want to run around the stores nonstop and bribing him with goldfish isn't working anymore. Fun times. He literally takes off and gives us a run for our money. One of us has to be doing the actual shopping while the other chases him around until he gets tired or we leave the store defeated. This weekend was that.

We wanted to hit some stores but I think our max time was about fifteen minutes. You know how we always say "oh I can't wait for my baby to take his/her first steps!" uhm yeah I was one of them. Enjoy the slithering, crawling around phase because man, it is tiring! Besides the fact that if he doesn't get down from the cart in two seconds, tantrum erupts. 

So anyway, with that said, Friday night was our usual movie night. We watched Divergent and it was so good! I think Shailene Woodley gets better and better in every movie she stars in. 

Saturday was when we hit a few of our favorite stores and ended up going home to relax. All three of us ended up taking a two and a half hour nap! It was Heavenly. After waking up super groggy, we had dinner and hung out. We tried so hard to work on some house projects but the bed and TV won, so that's what we did. Totally boring and so relaxing at the same time.

Sunday, I had plans to meet up with the sweetest girl that I call my friend and sister. I've known her since before we knew our current husbands, while we dated other people and partied together like rock stars. Now she's a military wife coming back from Washington and I finally got to meet her adorable son and she got to meet Elliot! Isn't it crazy how we have some friends we have known for a long time and we get to be part of their journeys? I love it! I hadn't seen her in a few years and when we met up it was like no time had gone by. She drove all the way from Washington with a seven month old and her mom. That's a hero in my book! :) Her husband is getting stationed somewhere else for a couple of years, and just like before, we have always kept in touch and we always will until hopefully one day she gets to be back here. Those kinds of friends are truly forever!

We had lunch and talked about everything and anything. Our boys were so cute with each other! They sat next to each other and although her son is seven months old, he was chatting Elliot up. Elliot kept grabbing his hand and looking at me like "is it okay to do that?" it was so so cute. We exchanged gifts that we got our little ones and then it was time to head home. I was sad but so glad I got to see her and her son! 




I headed home and met up with Jack who enjoyed a nice nap and a movie with plenty of Doritos with Tabasco. The.best. We still had to buy groceries (sucks) but Elliot had fallen asleep so we waited until he woke up. Sundays usually go by so quick! It poured cats and dogs and Elliot was a fan of that. I opened the door for him to see the rain, it was really raining really hard, and he almost walked out like nothing! I love that he loves it. 



Sundays are always a little bittersweet as they mark the end of great family time, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this whole taking Elliot to daycare thing. I only get choked up a little sometimes so that's progress right?!

Jack caught me red solo cup handed. :)


Have a great rest of the week! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had the chance to meet up with an old friend!! Those are the best! My oldest friend and I have been friends for 16 years and we still keep in touch. Friendships like that are gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat with you with out 19 month old! They just go and go and go! And getting babies together is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh those pics of the two boys are just adorable! The hand on the leg.melt! So great that you got to see your old friend for a little bit.
    And, yes the walking ... what were we thinking haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is the same way when we go shopping only she's not walking yet. So sometimes to save our sanity we let her crawl around (gross, gross, double gross-bath as soon as we get home!). I can only imagine what it will be like once she starts walking!


    Http://tisourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Shadia you made me tear up. We are so blessed to have you, jack, and Elliott in our lives. Not just as friends, but as our family. Cheers to making many more memories, keeping in touch, living and experiencing each others journeys, and growing old together. Love you tons and of course my little Elliott!!!! Xoxox <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. His little overalls! <3 SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...