Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Fun

Eek! It's been two months since my last post. Hey, what can I say, life is happening and it's hectic!

First of all, I never got the chance to thank all of you on Facebook and Instagram. I posted that my uncle needed prayers as he was very sick. He was diagnosed with a form of Guillain-Barré syndrome, couldn't move at all and was in unbearable pain. Today he is making a very slow recovery but a recovery nonetheless. He has four small children and I was so afraid and worried! Thank God he is alive and is able to be with his children and wife. He lives Georgia and not knowing what was going on right away was nerve wracking. Thank you all for the prayers!

Our Easter was so nice and relaxing. On Saturday we had our family over and we all made spring rolls. So darn good! If you're interested in knowing more about them, here's a post on them. I gave Easter baskets to my niece and Elliot and saved another one for my brother to take to my other niece. I'm so glad Elliot is able to grow up with our beautiful family. My niece loves him so much and treats him as her little brother, that melts my heart!

The baskets were super simple with cute little toys and things that they would enjoy. Nothing expensive or out of the ordinary. I heard on the radio this morning that parents were gifting their kids passes to Disney and hundreds of dollars and I thought, that's not what this is about! For me it was fun putting them together with stuff I knew they would enjoy.



Sunday was spent in jammies being lazy and it was so nice. I cannot believe this is the third Easter we get to spend with Elliot. Before we had him, Easters were just another day but holidays with kids are so much fun!

I'll leave you with a little throwback up until now. This kid is something else.





I'm working on a "Life Lately" post because so much has been going on! I really want to get back to blogging regularly and hope to do so!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. That's crazy that people would give such expensive things for Easter! I can't believe how old our kiddos are getting! I'm glad your blogging again!

    Http://tisourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Easter baskets!!! The throwback pics are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you blogs amiga!! Especially because I can relate to them about life. I remember those pictures of Elliott!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice Easter and I'm so glad your uncle is okay! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a lovely Easter! Those egg pictures are just too adorable. I should have done something like that with Mim this year. And I'm so glad you're blogging again - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadia! He is so grown up!!! Slow down, Elliot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...