Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day weekend.

Wasn't this a great three-day weekend? Ahhhh oh so relaxing. But all good things must come to an end...

We had such a good time and did so much I don't know where to start. My poor little baby got his shots on Friday. Three needles on his little legs plus some drops. I can actually say that he did really good. He cried when they poked him but it didn't last very long. The aftermath of those things sucks though. I knew he would be getting fever after since it also happened on his first round of shots and I was prepared this time. I ended up giving him Tylenol (which I hate) before his shots, but they took so long to see him that it just ended up not doing anything for him. FAIL. I waited 7 hours and gave him another dose because he immediately got fever and was just uncomfortable and I also put a wet cloth on his little forehead and I could tell that felt good for him cause he didn't even dare touch it. He just laid there looking at me not moving just letting the cool cloth do its job. The doc also told me that his weight is just below average but he's doing good. His length is right at the middle mark in the average area and after holding him up she told me he will probably start walking early! She said he's doing a great job at strengthening his core so I might see a little Button running around before his time. Yay! That will be fun for mama and daddy (Uh oh). He is also teething now (I guess early stages?) and cannot get his hand out of his mouth. He has also been a little fussy, but I know nothing compared to what's about to come. Let the good times roll.


Don't they have cool little printed band-aids at the doc?


It was Friday so of course being the couple that we are, headed for a bite to eat and to get some cold ones. I know, we just don't change. You must think we have nothing better to do! (Maybe we don't). It was also the beginning to our weekend so we needed to celebrate. These weekends don't come around often enough and we have to take advantage of them. Don't judge.



Saturday we woke up extra early (not by choice) and headed to have breakfast and of course, where else? Target. The doc also gave me the go-ahead to start giving him cereal or oatmeal and to start him on vegetables. I really couldn't wait for that! So Jack and I got him some cereal to start with to see if he liked it or if we should switch to oatmeal and so far he's doing good with the cereal. We bought an organic brand that was recommended to me by a friend and I'm liking it. Or I should say, Elliot is liking it. I will start him on a new vegetable every 5-7 days and I'm eager to start cooking for him. I already knew I would be making my own baby food but I looked at a few "organic" vegetable purees (those pouches you squeeze) and they all contained ingredients like Ascorbic acid and although it is vitamin C needed by our bodies, the thought of it being artificial just made my skin cringe and I just could never feed that to my baby. Making your own is so simple, although more work, but way better for a child in my opinion. I'll keep looking for organic on-the-go packs just in case we are out and unable to take my own baby food. (Gotta have everything covered)

So we went home with everything we needed to give Elliot his very first cereal feeding and by the look on his face I can't say what he might have thought of it. It was the cutest thing. He would make a face and ended up spitting most of it out, but by the next few feedings in the next couple of days he ate all of it!  He's starting to like it more and more and I'll be introducing one veggie this Saturday. The doctor recommended starting with veggies first because she said that a lot of the times starting with fruits makes babies develop a sweet tooth and they end up not wanting a lot of veggies. Who can blame them!


Mama what the hell is this??

On Sunday we did not do much. Elliot still wasn't feeling good and we just chilled. I was able to get a couple of shots of him in his cute little outfit! (Thanks to my online shopping addiction).



By Monday he was himself again and went to visit Grandpa at the cemetery. I know Memorial Day is all about the soldiers who died in combat, but we still had to pay him a visit.


Love love love this pic!

Also, our fridge gave out and all our newly bought groceries went to shit. Lowe's had awesome sales going on because of memorial day and we scored ourselves a brand new fridge. Thanks Lowe's! After a loooong day of picking out a new one we headed home and prepared our grill for some chicken, grilled zucchini and corn on the cob, husks and all. Ok, so we had to throw a couple of hot dogs in there because we were just craving the bad stuff. And oh were they good. If you've never had grilled corn in its husk you MUST try it. Cut both ends of the corn, peel away the ugly leaves and soak in water for about 20-30 mins and grill. They.are.the.best. I marinated the chicken with a little mustard, lemon pepper and lime and NO salt. Thanks to my sis.



I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend! Onto the rest of this short week...:)





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...