Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Have A Five Month Old.

What have we come to? Since when does time fly like this? Not cool. Not cool at all.

Today my baby boy is five months old and it completely blows my mind. I feel like I had him just yesterday! Without the effects of a C-Section of course. I just can't believe it. Five months is almost half a year old.

Button does so many things now that make me want to slow time down. Somehow. Just the other day I had my first Oh-shit-this-kid-is-gonna-fall-off-my-bed moment and I will tell you, it scared the shit out of me. I almost had a heart attack. I was sweeping the bathroom (all my hair loss is causing me so much extra work ha) and I left Elliot on my bed with his head facing the headboard (keep in mind we have a queen size bed) instead of the other way to have more space to roll around. Well in two turns he was at the edge of the bed and as I turned my head and looked at him, I dropped the broom and ran to catch him. Thank God I did. One more turn and he would have tasted the floor. My heart was racing and my eyes were watery with a knot in my throat while Elliot had no clue of why I was holding him telling him it was okay and kissing him like crazy. He was probably thinking what the hell is this lady doing. I went into the kitchen where Jack was and told him with my horror face on what had happened and told him I almost had a heart attack. I laugh about it now but although we have carpet in our room, the thought of me finding him on the floor just freaked me out. I know this happens and probably will happen to me, but that doesn't take the I-almost-shit-my-pants effect away.

Anyway, he is now in his jumperoo and loves it. I put him in it and just watch him in awe at how he's finding things, turning them, flipping them and touching everything in sight then looks at me to make sure it's ok for him to do that. Yeah kid wait until you do something you're not supposed to when you're older and then look at me like that with a smile on your face. It's the cutest thing though.



He's also tried three different veggies so far, carrots, peas and squash all of which I've pureed myself. He has loved them all! I will write a blog on my process to making them. Next on his menu will be either butternut squash or broccoli. Not sure which I'll be giving him yet. Maybe even sweet potato.

I have yet to officially give him anything for his teething, but I did try one of the Hyland's Teething Tablets yesterday and they really do melt immediately after touching their little mouths. He did stop itching I could tell because he stopped putting his hand in his mouth for a while. As long as he has something to bite on (usually his hand) he's happy, so I think as long as he's not crying in pain, his hand or a teether do the trick.

Elliot loves tummy time now! So if your baby is giving you a hard time with tummy time like mine did in the beginning, I assure you, once they can prop themselves up with their arms, they will enjoy it more. He rolls and rolls on his tummy just so he can look at us then smile and laugh and do it all over again then lay his little head down on his side.




He's definitely making and imitating more sounds now. Sounds that I hadn't heard before and I keep telling him to say mamamamama or dadadadada (I probably sound like an idiot) in hopes of him actually repeating that, but I know it's a little too soon. Let a girl dream. I read about all these babies calling their parents mama or dada for the very first time and I cannot wait to hear that, but all in due time and I can wait just a little longer to be able to enjoy my little baby as he is right now.

I started party planning for his first birthday because I know it will be here before I know it and it makes me sad but so excited to see what's coming from this little guy as he gets older.

Happy Thursday!




2 comments:

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...