Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend.

We had major relaxation time this weekend. This wasn't your typical Father's Day cookout, dinner, or any type of celebration. It was just our little family, in our home, and I can say it was our own way of little fun without having to get all done up to go somewhere. Loved it.

Friday night we were debating whether we would actually have a cookout for Jack or what he wanted to do. He wasn't too sure so we just kind of left it up in the air and said we would figure it out the next day. I know Father's Day was Sunday but if we did anything we wanted to do it on Saturday to be able to stay up late and rest on Sunday.

Saturday morning he decided he didn't feel like doing anything so we just relaxed. I'll be honest I didn't even shower! We grabbed some takeout and went back home. After we put our Button down to sleep we started our usual beer drinking and hung out. I had a couple of gifts I bought for him and knew that I wasn't going to have time to wrap them and give them to him even though I had this whole plan on the wrapping and how I was going to give them to him but oh well. Sometimes things just don't work out how you plan them so I busted them out Saturday night and he loved them!! He was so surprised because he had no idea he was getting anything.

Sometimes you're not in the mood for what everyone else is having.

Sunday morning, the actual day of,  I got up and took Elliot upstairs to let Jack sleep in a little. After Elliot ate his cereal, I put him down for his morning nap and went to the kitchen to start a surprise breakfast for Jack. Hummus, eggplant, veggies and fruit were on the list.


I also cut some watermelon (awesome summer fruit) in heart shaped pieces with some blueberries and put them on his nightstand for when he woke up.


This man deserves this and much, much more. To him, his family always comes first. I love seeing the way Elliot loves him and how happy he gets when he hears daddy's voice and when he sees him, his smile is the biggest. I know our little boy is soo in love with his daddy. I love watching that. The way Jack looks at him and talks to him is so incredible to see, the bond and the love for each other is greater than anything I've ever seen and witnessing that has made me fall in love with the man that much more. I know they say boys will be mama's boys but this one has Jack wrapped around his little finger. Jack was seriously made to be a great father. He's been taking care of his little boy way before he was born. He took such good care of me when I was pregnant that I knew he would make an amazing father. He always said our kids would never be spoiled, and oh yeah, that went out the door when this baby was born. We will never be perfect parents, but the love for our son will only continue to grow.





Button surely is happiest when daddy is around and I wouldn't change that for the world.


Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there and the mamas who play both roles. This is your day too! But like Jack says, everyday is Father's Day (Mother's Day too!). Couldn't agree with him more. I love you Jack. And Elliot loves you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...