Monday, June 3, 2013

Our Weekend.

Well hello there Monday...I don't like you very much, but I'm not minding you too much this week either.

This weekend was great. It actually went by kind of slow if that's even possible. 

I got home from work to this.


I love them both so so much!

What a great start to the weekend.

I whipped us up some breakfast the next morning bright and early. Eggs with mushrooms and jalapeƱo, hash browns and pineapple with blueberries.



It was Elliot's time to start on his first veggie! I decided to start with carrots. I don't know why I just did. I mentioned that I wanted to make my own purees for him and that I did. While I worked on our breakfast, I washed a couple of carrots really good and cut them into thin small pieces. I left the skin on because it has a lot of nutrients! I boiled them in the least possible water (almost burned the shit out of them, and my pot) until they were soft. Since there was no water left from the almost burn, I used formula to mash it. I began with a glass and that didn't work very well so Jack used the blender which wasn't as good to really puree but it did the trick. Elliot loved them! He hardly spit any of it out and was happy and smiling and talking as he was eating. I didn't give him too much because I wanted to see what the reaction on his little tummy would be. And man those diapers stunk!! Like really, you could literally smell the carrots but in a rotten way. I threw the diaper in the trash can in our bathroom and Jack had to throw it away immediately cause the bathroom smelled of rotten carrots. (TMI?) I followed this feeding with an 8oz bottle and Button was happy.

The second day, I said to hell with this, I need to get something that will work better to blend everything really good so we made a trip to Target and got the Magic Bullet. My mother-in-law had given us one when we got married and I used it so much that one day it just broke. It works great though so we bought it again. I boiled the carrots again with a little bit more water and at a lower heat this time. I used the water and still had to use a little bit of formula but the Magic Bullet is bad ass and this time the pureeing was a success! Elliot ate it like a champ. This kid is just like his dad.

I gave in and ended up buying him his first security blanket from Aden & Anais and I love them! They come in a two-pack for when you have to throw one in the wash he will always have one with him. He just won't let go of it. I hope it makes him feel at home or at least like mama and daddy are around when he's at daycare. 



It was his first time sitting in his high chair and I swear he held on to it for dear life and wasn't too impressed. It will probably take a while for him to get used to it.



This one also learned to roll over! Now that's ALL he does. As soon as I put him down he gets on his tummy then on his back, on his tummy, then on his back. He loves it. He even decided that the sleeping on his back deal is old news and he sleeps on his side now. I know it's not the safest and kept me up most of the night last night just constantly checking on him, but I would put him on his back, five minutes went by and on his side he went. Well, already this old with a mind of his own (sigh). He actually slept better though! Jack and I swear we can train him to know that when he's on his tummy face down, he needs to roll onto his back so he can breathe. We will see how that goes, but they probably have that sense already in them that lets them know when something isn't right? I'll Google it.

I am so proud of him cause he also doesn't complain as much when we do tummy time! He used to absolutely hate it, but he actually stays without crying for a good five minutes and believe you me, that is record time. He's also doing the "mini-push ups" that all the baby articles talk about. I was so worried because he was supposed to be doing this much earlier, but he wasn't. You read all that crap your baby is supposed to be doing at certain months and I would freak out when Elliot hadn't reached that milestone until I thought, shit, I'm his mom, I know better and he will do it on his own when the right time comes. I was right. I think sometimes we need to stop reading so much stuff trying to stay informed because it makes us paranoid (I know I get like that) and go with the flow. You know your baby, you do what you gotta do.


I guess tummy time isn't so bad after all mama!
 (Note the excitement with the big line of drool)


Sunday we got up really early and went grocery shopping, I couldn't wait to get that out of the way. I hate, hate, hate it. It's my least favorite thing to do, but we did it and it felt damn good. Then it was movie time! We watched Dark Skies and I can say that it was pretty good. Not your typical cheesy alien movie. Then, we finally got some rain! (A whole 7 minutes) but at least it was something! It felt and smelled sooo good. Too bad this happened after we finished watching the movie. It could have added some extra suspense! 

I just love spending time with my little family so much! I hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the garage cleaning deal never went down. Ha!

5 comments:

  1. Great blog! and Adorable Baby!!!

    mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shadia, he is just so so cute! i can't get enough of these adorable photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan!! I love reading your blog BTW! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...