Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth Of July & Weekend Recap.

Sorry this post is a little late, but lately I've been feeling a little down and have been wanting to spend as much time as I can with Button and my hubby. I feel like work has been consuming my life and I have been missing out on eight daily hours in my baby's life. It's different when you leave your baby to go somewhere for a couple of hours because you know you can go back any time. I literally cried on my way to work today after leaving Elliot in daycare. You would think that after almost three months of doing this I would be used to it by now, but nope, it just hasn't gotten ANY easier (cue the violin). Ok enough of the sappiness.

Our Fourth (or better said would be Independence Day) was such a nice day for us. We celebrated on our own, no hassles, no going anywhere, just us, in our home. It was THE best although I would've loved to stay up for the fireworks, but man we were so exhausted we went to bed early (another bad thing about working). We sure heard them though!







We had a mini cookout which consisted of two steaks, one for Jack and one for me, some shrimp kabobs, grilled zucchini & asparagus and some homemade guacamole. Everything came out so delicious!

Of course a cookout isn't a cookout without some beer!

So that was pretty much our Fourth of July celebration (yeah we are boring). Next year we for sure will plan something bigger and throw a few sparklers in there.

Then Jack and I both had to work the next day and we were so ready for the weekend. Friday I got home and pretty much landed on the bed and couldn't get up. I usually get home to the hubby and Elliot napping and so I joined them for a little bit. Once they woke up I was still really tired and it was so hideously hot out that Jack went to get dinner because taking the Button out wasn't an option. I think we were in the hundreds. When he got back of course we had to kick the weekend off with ice cold beer. Very much needed when it's that hot out. All we needed was a pool. Or a bathtub full of ice, aaand more beer in it. :)

Saturday we did our usual grocery run to stock our fridge full of goodies for the week then headed to the stores for some shopping. Grabbed some cool stuff from Target & World Market. I freaking love that store. They have the best unique decorations for pretty much EVERY part of the house. I also attended my friend's baby shower and took Elliot with me so everyone could see him. He was such a good boy and did so good! After, I went home and relaxed with Jack and even stayed up until midnight! Such a rarely occurrence and I paid for it the next morning when Elliot was up and feeling fresh at SIX AM. Zombie mode for mama.

His little outfit for the day. He looked freaking cute.


Mustache ask you a question?

On Sunday, Jack and I decided to have a day date and left Elliot with my mom and sister to head out to grab a bite to eat and go to the movies. Yay!! We hadn't been to the movies in ages (or been anywhere alone for that matter). Since before I had Elliot, about nine months. NINE months without movie popcorn. That's murder! We watched World War Z. Pretty cool movie. It had been a long time since we had had a date and it felt so good to just have alone time with Jack. I was so excited! It did feel weird being out without worrying about our baby, and we missed him too much, but we enjoyed those few hours so much that we decided to have these dates at least once a month. More if possible. We might even throw a couple of night dates after my mom offered to watch him whenever we feel like going out. I'll probably take her up on that offer soon.

In other news, this little one is almost sitting up! If I lay him down on a pillow he lifts his little head up and tries to lift himself up. I think it's a matter of days before he can sit up. He also imitates my fake cough. It's the cutest thing I've ever heard. He will also do it randomly to get my attention. That little monkey.
 


He also tried spinach and loved them of course. He is starting to try to grab his little bowl and spoon. I might just let him try feeding himself, but I know it will be a complete mess. He put his hand in his mouth after I gave him a spoonful and proceeded to smear it all over his face. So cute but a disaster for mama to clean so I just took him straight to his bath. These pics are nothing, but if I show you the one where he is really messy you'll think I'm a bad mama (ha).



After his bath I let him fall asleep on our bed. I love cuddling with him and him touching my face and even pulling my hair. And the babbling, oh that is hands down the best part of this age. All the sounds he makes and how he smiles when I answer back just completely melt my heart. I love this baby so so much that sometimes I wonder if I'll be able to love our next baby as much as I love him. I know that's a stupid thing to think about, does it or did it happen to you? I know I will love the next one just as much but the love for this kid is overwhelming!



Hope you all had a good Fourth!

Follow me on Instagram (@shadiabrown) and Bloglovin' for new posts and pics! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...