Friday, August 23, 2013

A Place To Call Home.

First off, did you guys watch Project Runway last night? It was such a good episode. I mean I never miss one but last night's was awesome. I got teary eyed when Heidi told Justin he was out. Ugh! Granted his dress wasn't his best but it really wasn't his time. Then he goes to say bye to the other contestants and they all cried! I cried right with them too. Then when Tim Gunn started crying and used his save for Justin? I was on the verge of more tears. That darn Tim Gunn. Gotta love him. Ahhh I love that show. Okay okay, post time!

When we purchased our home it was a foreclosure and it had been vacant for an entire year. Previous to that, the owners were renting it, and you know, when you're renting you don't give a crap about your yard. At least this was the case with this house. It was a disaster. Literally. I hated coming home to a dirty, ugly yard. As I walked inside it felt like home but I wanted the whole driving-up-to-my house-and-loving-it feeling. I didn't get that before.

We got a few estimates and some were just outrageous. No way anyone is going to pay you that much for landscaping dude. All we were asking for was grass, rock and brick. Something simple and cozy. After some research, we went with a landscaper recommended by two coworkers. He did such a good job! He was always on time and did exactly what he said he was going to do in the time frame he promised. Seriously, most of the time working with contractors is a nightmare but this one was easy breezy.

We also had major rain which is why all the dirt is on the sidewalk. Nice. Gosh I cringe when I look at this pic. Please mildly glance at these ;) Thanks.



Finally the landscaper began and he rooted about six dead trees. It was a mess but it already looked a million times better. I didn't mind all the dirt, I was so excited about getting to the final product.


Finally almost done! He still needed to do a couple more things to the irrigation and finish planting the rest of the grass and clean his shit up.


End result! (for now). What a difference right? It's a completely different home. I think now you understand what I was saying!





 It truly feels like home now. Granted, it still needs work, we plan on getting a tree, maybe a palm tree and a couple more plants because it looks a little bare, but maaaaan I get home and I get happy upon seeing how it turned out. You know how they say "it's the little things" I take that literally. Stuff like this makes me happy. I think that having a home means being proud of it and having it exactly the way you want it. I know with a house you're never done and you need a whole lot of money, but we take it day by day and work on a small project every weekend. I feel like this was one of the major ones we had and we finally tackled it and accomplished it. Thank God all this was done before Jack's birthday! We couldn't be happier.


Aaaaand it's Friday!! What more could you want? Have a great weekend! Cheers! (you know it) ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look how adorable he is! So cute. Love the grass - what a huge difference that makes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! Right? It's a completely different home! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...