Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday Madness.

What can I say. This weekend was one of the best we have had in a long time. We finally got to break our house in with a mini party for Jack's birthday and all I can say is, it all went as planned.

We had so so much fun. Family and friends joined us Saturday night and we had the music blasting, alcohol going and Elliot was passed around to family and friends and although he was a little scared at first, he was loving it. I put him down for bed and he passed out. I didn't leave him at my mom's house because a few of our friends wanted to meet him.

My sister in law made the cupcakes for him and I just made some quick little flags with washi tape and put one in each cupcake. They were so delicious and cute!


I had a menu planned which consisted of finger foods like cheese, fruits, nuts, chips, dip, etc. Aaaand forgot to take a pic. These flowers were the centerpiece. Everything looks prettier in a mason jar.



I opted for black and white and got some chevron napkins, black and white straws, washi tape and white and clear glass serving platters and bowls.



Then (when almost everyone had left, duh) we sang happy birthday. I only put two candles because I would have burned the whole house down if I would have put the actual amount :) Jack was so happy and had so much fun BUT he doesn't remember blowing out the candles. It was hilarious, I lit them up and we started singing the first "happy birthday" and he blows them out. We all got quiet and started laughing, I had to light them up again and finish singing. I was so glad that everything turned out the way it did though, the food was a hit, there were drinks for days, we had great company and everyone had fun.


I love this man more than words.

We went to bed late and the next morning at six am this little one was ready for some playtime. I think next time he will be staying with grandma ;)

Doesn't matter what this kid is doing, his sock is always falling off.
 
There were drinks left (not for long) and that's what our fridge consisted of the next day (hey, who's complaining). 


I played with Elliot and gave him breakfast then put him down for his nap. While both him and Jack were asleep I tackled the kitchen. It was a mess! Beer was spilled on the floor, food and crumbs everywhere. Bottles and beer cans galore. We were hurting a little bit, but it was nothing that a little club soda couldn't cure.


We also took Monday off to get some things done and Jack got a couple of gift cards for Lowe's and Home Depot. So off we went! Not really, I told Jack these are for him to buy whatever he wants aka his tools.


I did end up buying these awesome planters that we worked on Monday! They were on clearance at Lowe's. Love love love them!


If you follow me on IG (@shadiabrown) you saw that I woke up to this little cute face and also got to spend all day Monday with him and we couldn't have been happier. 


 I still owe you the landscape remodel post but we are adding some final touches and will post as soon as we are finished!

Have a great Monday! I mean Tuesday for you guys :)




8 comments:

  1. Love it sister in law !!
    that sounds really funny :) Happy b'day for jack :)
    LOVE YOU sister in law<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is adorable!!! And those cupcakes look delish!

    jen-firstcomeslove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! How did you make the washi tape flags, I'm definitely making them for Sofia's birthday :)

    xx
    Megan
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! For the flags I cut strips of the washi tape and wrapped them on toothpicks. I cut the shape last to have more control over the symmetry. They have so many different prints and colors I'm sure you can find a really cute ones for Sofia! :)

      Delete
  4. What a great birthday!! The cupcakes are adorable! And I love the chevron straws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I got the straws at hobby lobby :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...