Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Favorite Baby Items

I have always been a fan of researching before buying. It just gives you an opportunity to read reviews, compare prices, brands, colors, patterns, etc. I think that we also always want an effective but still cute item. I know I do and I always look for stuff that will match existing items that we've purchased for our little Button. Over the course of these six months, as new parents, we have learned which items we really need and stuff that we will never use or that is unnecessary. You come to understand that needs take over wants when it comes to buying kid stuff (although sometimes it sneaks in).

Here are some of our favorite things so far:

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

1 | The Aden & Anais swaddle blankets are THE BEST. I got these as a gift from my sister-in-law and I cannot say enough good things about them. They are light, comfy and so pretty. Easy to wash, good for summer and winter and awesome to throw in your diaper bag for sunny days to cover the car seat. I love them.

2 | Button is obsessed with this Oball. I think out of all his toys this one is his favorite. It's so easy to grab and it bends and rattles. He swings it like a mad man even hitting daddy on the head. I love that they have them in different colors. I want to buy them all!

3 | Sophie, oh Sophie, what can I say? I love her, I know she's a teether but Elliot loves to grab her and just hit her against his leg for her to squeak. Over and over and over. I don't mind it cause it's cute. I will say that he kind of prefers the rattle version. Maybe cause it's like a little stuffed toy to him. They're both awesome.

4 | I threw in this formula dispenser because with Elliot being in daycare, I have to try to make the girls at daycare and my life as simple as possible when it comes to Elliot's care and I just fill this container up with three servings for his bottles and we are done. No hassle there.

5 | These burp cloths are amazing. I saw them on Etsy and had to get them, they are beautiful! They're a little on the pricey side but this girl custom makes them and you can pick any three prints that you like. I wouldn't use anything else to feed Elliot. They absorb EVERYTHING.

6 | I like these towels from Target. They're on the thicker side and great for bathing the little one (aside from being completely adorable). I have the frog as well and I wash them often without them getting thinner or ugly.

7 | Elliot has very sensitive skin and suffered from Eczema since he was born. These Aveeno products are just too good for his skin. I usually use the lavender vanilla wash and shampoo for his baths then the unscented lotion and I use a little of the lavender vanilla lotion on his face and arms to soothe him.

8 | I've talked about these bottles before. We tested a couple of brands and I hated how the nipples on them were so flimsy even the Medela ones. I read good things about the Avent bottles and gave them a try. We never looked back! The nipple is firm but not too hard and they come with a ring to avoid excessive gas. We have six of these and we don't use anything else.

9 | We bought this jumperoo and couldn't be happier with it (although it plays the same two songs over and over again). Elliot definitely loves this. He plays with the toys, jumps like crazy and hangs out in there for a good while. And it doesn't hurt that it matches our room. :)

We have other things that I am sure I am forgetting but will post about them later!



In other news, we are finally getting the front yard of our house landscaped! It's been long overdue. Will post pics of before and after. Also, we are almost halfway through the week! This deserves a cold beer. Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. Lucky kid! With a lots of baby items in every mother's list, I wonder if they can have the perfect time to choose the best for their babies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...