Monday, September 9, 2013

Our Weekend in Pictures.

Ugh, Monday. I hate you. It doesn't fail. I get the crazy blues every.single.Monday. Is this normal? I feel empty on Mondays.

You know that scene in SATC when Miranda quits her job because her boss is a jerk to her and she finally makes Brady's science fair and she says something like, "I made it, I never make it." Well, I don't want to be like that! I want to be able to make all of my son's activities so that is something I always think about. I've also just been wanting to be with Jack and Elliot as much as possible. I think that instead of Elliot dealing with separation anxiety I am the one going through it. Weird. I'm not being clingy, or needy I just love my family so much and I love spending time with them.

I also think it's a combination of missing Jack and Elliot and hearing and seeing so much bullshit and hypocrisy from people. Do you ever get that? You're almost at that breaking point but you decide you will be the bigger and better person and you hold on to that for dear life? I'm almost there. But I won't let it get to me. I won't.

I can't complain about the weekend though. College football season finally started for us and Elliot got to go to his first game with us. They are always so much fun and this year we get to enjoy them as a family. Besides, we get to go back to our old college stomping grounds and Jack and I always talk about how we met and how things were back then and how far we have come. We loved it there and still do.

Elliot did great, but after a while the later it got and as the crowd got louder he just wasn't having it. He cried every time we screamed poor thing. We ended up having to leave at the end of the third quarter but it was so much fun nonetheless.

 I know his looks are deceiving but I swear he had fun! (Ha!)

Our football field is in the middle of the mountains and the weather and view are perfect! I love being there. It's so pretty and peaceful despite the awesome, loud crowd. The sky was overcast and it rained for a couple of minutes before we even got there but it cooled us down. There was a fan of the opposing team among our team fans and if his team made a good play he would get up and start cheering and asking for high fives and we all just stared at him. It was hilarious.




My entire world.

Then of course some mama and baby fun the next morning. His first bottom tooth is finally coming in and he is getting whatever he can in his mouth to help the itching. He hasn't been complaining, yet. We can't wait to see his smile with his little tooth!


I found this beer while grocery shopping and with Fall here I couldn't pass it up! It's delicious! This will definitely be my go-to beer for the season.


This little one is almost officially crawling now. We have been practicing with him as much as we can. I say officially because he slithers and gets to where he needs to that way, but he's already getting on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. So damn cute!


Happy-not-so-happy Monday! Go Miners!


8 comments:

  1. He's too cute! I'm glad you had a nice weekend.
    The view at the stadium is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! What a great weekend. Mondays are hard. I hate going back to work and leaving the baby too. I don't want to be that mom that never makes it either. Scares me. Hope your week has gotten a bit easier. Only a few more days until the weekend again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! I hate that feeling. Thank you! I'm glad it's almost the weekend again :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, Elliot is too cute! So fun that he went to the game :) I'm lovin' that beer too!

    Megan
    Hello Newlywed Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that adorable laughing picture even real?!?! How could it be? ITS WAY TO CUTE! omg!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...