Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ask Away Friday.

I was asked to participate in this super fun link-up #Ask Away Friday by Val from Chicken Scratch. It's a fun way for other bloggers as well as our readers to get to know each other better and I was so excited to participate! She participated originally with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley. Val is such a talented and crafty person, she is a family oriented mama and has chicken names for all members of her family which I thought was awesome.

These are her ten questions with my answers.

1. I love goal setting. I set monthly, yearly, and long term goals. I have done this for years. What is a goal you have for this next year?

That's so cool! My hubby and I usually talk about what we want to do and where we want to be in one, two, three years and although we don't oficially write them down or actually set them as true goals we have kind of reached them without planning. Our next goal is to actually finish decorating and updating our home and to have another baby! I know thinking of a baby as a goal isn't the best of things but with so much going on in our lives, plus a baby, you have to plan those kinds of things! We are setting a couple of months after Button's first birthday as the goal to become pregnant again. Scary & exciting!

2.You have the cutest little baby....What has surprised you about motherhood?

Thank you! It has been the hardest, most challenging and rewarding experience life has ever given me. I think the most surprising thing has been that nothing ever goes as planned. Jack and I always talked about how we were going to be parents a certain way and do certain things and sometimes at the end of the day we are like, whatever, let's just wing it. I think it's all about the learning experience and finding out new things and doing the best we can as parents.

3. What trend right now are in loving? ( this can be fashion, home decor, lifestyle..anything!)

Gosh I have one for every category! In fashion, my most favorite thing (and this was last year) is a denim top with leggings and boots. Last winter I was pregnant and could not find ANY denim tops that fit me. I even went all the way to large and extra large and my belly was so big the tops never closed or I got that one-more-bite-and-your-button-will-go-flying type of fit. So I waited. I'm definitely rocking that this year. I'm also loving all the skinnies with designs and colors! I can't wait to pair them up with some boots. As far as house decor, I love the peaceful, relaxing colors and design. That's definitely been my inspirationg for my home.

4. I've read how you are really enjoying making your house a home. What room or area are you really proud of? Show us a photo and tell us what all you did!

I am so proud of our living room/dining room area! This was the hardest area to design because I wanted pieces that would work with one another since it's one big room. We ended up buying chairs, dining table, couches, little tables from different stores and it was a slow process but we got there! I feel relaxed and so at home in there. It turned out exactly how I envisioned it. Now all I need is a rug, side tables and Button playing in there to make it more cozy. It will be finished one day.



I won't show you more because I'm planning on doing a post on a house tour! :) 

5. What is something that ALWAYS makes you laugh?

Jack and I have this thing about movie lines. When we are having a conversation, we throw in lines from movies, mostly from Sex and The City I & II, I know, weird. But we have seen both so many times that we know pretty much every single line and scene. We will start with one line and try to say as many as we can and we laugh so much with each one. We even correct each other if we mess it up! It's sooo funny. And Button. Right now he's doing so many funny things that even his little giggles make me laugh. I love it.

6. If you could use just ONE WORD to describe yourself what word would that be?
.... now explain ;-)

This is a hard one! Maybe ecclectic? From fashion, to decor to music I pretty much like a lot of different things when it comes to that. This also applies to my life, I try not to be narrow minded and I'm pretty much open to anything.

7. Do you have a favorite recipe? Please share it!!

Yes! It a wheat and lentil dish that I make all the time for Jack and I. It was originally my dad's recipe so it's a Middle Eastern dish and it's super healthy and so so good.

You'll need:

Cracked wheat #1 or #2- You can get this at a Middle Eastern store. I'm not sure where else you could find it.
Green lentils
Pepper
Salt
Olive Oil
1 Clove of garlic

You cook the lentils in water with the clove of garlic and a little salt for about 10 minutes or until almost done. In a large pan, add a little bit of water and the wheat, add the lentils with a little bit of the lentil water, salt, pepper and a little olive oil. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Taste it, it should be soft but not mushy. You'll love it! I also make a cucumber, tomato, cilantro salad with lime, salt and plain yogurt. It's the perfect combination! The creaminess of the salad with the wheat. Mmm try it.

8. Morning person or Night Owl?

Definitely a morning person. I consider myself a fun person but I'm out by around 9:30-10pm. This happened since I got married. I became boring. Kidding! I think that when I got pregnant I was so tired all the time and couldn't stay up to save my life. And now being a mama, forget it. Call me grandma.

9. What are your favorite TV shows?

I love, love, love Project Runway. I always wanted to be a fashion designer and I never ever miss a show. The finale was last night and I was bawling!! I also love Mad Men. I'm kind of obsessed with it. I've collected all seasons and I'm super excited for the next one to come. As a graphic designer I totally relate and who doesn't love the sixties? I love seeing the fashion and most importantly the design. The plot is amazing as well. And John Hamm. That's all I have to say. :)

10. If you could have a 1000 dollar gift card that can only be spent on you what store would you choose and what would you buy?

This is a no-brainer. Target all the way! They have the best clothes, decor, everything! I would spend the thousand bucks in like a good ten minutes. I already have ideas in my head. I would buy clothes for Jack and I, baby clothes for Button, lamps, pillows, floor mats, dinner ware, I could go on and on! I know it would have to be spend on me but that's hard! I would spend maybe a quarter of it on myself. 

Thank you for a fun post mama!

To see her answers to my questions go here!

This post wouldn't be complete without a dose of the Button! :) 


Have a great weekend!! 

7 comments:

  1. This was fun!!
    I love denim tops with leggings and I too was pregnant last year so I bought one that I wore open with a long tank because I was just too in love with the style!
    Your living room is so beautiful I can't wait to see your house tour!
    And you better believe I'd spend my $1000 dollars at target too! I can not get over that store!
    And your little button is beyond adorable on that picture!! :)
    Sara
    Life with Baby Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating!! I'm an even bigger fan of yours!! And to wrap up here are my notes ;-) LOL
    1.Your Button boy...I could eat his cheeks. so freaking cute. You def. need to have more babies who look just like him! :-)
    2.I'm totally trying that recipe next week! Thanks!!
    3.I loved ALL your answers. We are now officially bloggy buddies!!
    4.I. CANT. WAIT. for your house tour!!!!!!
    Thanks again! This was so much fun! I love getting to know the other bloggers that I like to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I agree with above! Excited for a house tour!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadia, your baby is so very beautiful! I love the side table in the first picture of your living room. It has such an elegance to it. And thanks for the tip re: jeans top with leggings and boots. I'll definitely be trying that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutie pie baby! A big YES to 1,000 bucks to Target. In a heartbeat. And a denim shirt, leggings and boots is my favorite look this fall. I really struggle with jeans. I used to live in them but now my body is different after two kids and I can't quite get it right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...