Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Recap.

Well this weekend was sort of blah. It actually started since Thursday when I got a call from daycare telling me Elliot wasn't feeling well and that he had hardly eaten anything. I left work early and took him to the doctor where she told me that he's okay but had to be put back on his nebulizer. I swear he gets sick so often that working and not being able to properly care for him makes me feel so guilty. Anyway that's a different story. Our weekend was a mix of shopping, taking care of a sick babe and relaxing. If that's even possible with a sick little one. To make a long story short, I'm on no sleep, hungry and working. Not a good combination when you throw in the fact that it's a Monday.

For the shopping portion of our weekend, I scooped up a rug at World Market for our living room and thought it was perfect. I was so excited because I want to complete that room so desperately and it was at a great price too. Got home, laid it out only to find out that it looked terrible and the color wasn't what I expected. So we returned it right the next day but got a front door mat in return. I also always buy this cucumber soda that is so so good. If you get a chance try it!



Jack and I also got to go on a date! This hadn't happened in a long time. My sister offered to watch Elliot so we could get away for a little bit. We got dressed up, I did my hair, sprayed on some perfume and even got to wear heels! Very very rare occurrence nowadays. We left and we were joking about how it felt like when we were dating all over again! My mouth was watering with the sushi we were about to eat until we got to the place and it was CLOSED. Fail. Luckily, one of our favorite places is right next door and we shared some appetizers and had some drinks. It felt good to have a conversation without a baby in tow wondering when his next diaper change is or his next feeding. We will definitely make this a must at least once every two weeks. Or more. We did miss him so much though. We kissed him a million times when we got home then put him to sleep.


He still wasn't feeling so well but I did however, snap a lot few shots of him in his nine month set up on our front yard. I have to capture these moments! I knew exactly what I wanted to do. He hated the grass! He kept rubbing his legs against it and whining about it so we ended up sitting him on a blanket. As you can see in the before and after. Complete change.






I wonder what he's thinking? 

If you've never had this Middle Eastern yogurt you must! It's just like plain yogurt but it's thicker and usually served with breakfast. I had it as a snack (as Elliot was sleeping off his sickness AND Jack and I watched a movie, pro multi-taskers right here) with some jalapeno stuffed olives (the absolute best) and some pita bread. Throw some olive oil on it and you're done. Healthy and quick.



This weekend I also realized my obsession with the footie PJ's and practically ran to target to snag a few. I love how cuddly and warm babies are in them. My new favorite. Elliot will be living in these for the entire Winter. These particular ones are from Children's Place and are so cute and were on sale! Double win.



This pic cracks me up, he makes the weirdest, cutest faces. Save it for Halloween kid!

Happy Monday!

P.S. I promise to write more often and not make these posts all about the weekend! Pinky promise :)

4 comments:

  1. I seriously run out of words when I think about how cute he is!!!

    Xo
    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww a sick babe is no fun :( poor cutie !
    Date nights are a must! My bf and I started monthly dates last month and hopefully we keep up with them!
    I nominated you for the liebster award , come check out my post!
    Sara
    Life with Baby Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Footie PJs are the best. Mac lived in them until he could walk! I'm excited for him to start wearing them again now that it's cold out. Yay for date nights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you from randomly clicking your blog link on Little Baby Garvin comments! So glad I did. Love your home decor style and pictures of your sweet little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...