Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Weekend In Pictures.

Halloween week is here! I don't have a preview of Elliot's costume but I'll tell you it's so cute. I'm not going all out on it only because he will probably mostly be in his stroller and because he won't remember. Jack and I agreed that next year will be different because he will be almost two years old (what!) and will be able to absorb a lot more and enjoy it more. I think this year the experience is mostly for us and for cute pics!

Anyway, this weekend was all about doing a whole lot of nothing. We did a little bit of cleaning here and there but mostly spent it as a family enjoying every minute with our Button. We tend to put a lot of pressure on our weekends since we feel like we need to do so much to enjoy it, but we forget that some of the best moments we have are being at home, spending time with Elliot. That was all this weekend was about.

We kicked off the weekend on Wednesday night and enjoyed a free fireworks show from the convenience of our front yard. Funny story that I will tell you later behind this. We live right behind a high school and it was homecoming night for them, a yearly occurrence apparently which I don't mind one bit. They were so beautiful! I've always loved fireworks and one year Jack and I even drove to the parking lot of a Taco Bell for Fourth Of July where we enjoyed another show courtesy of our baseball stadium. Who needs to pay for those things anyways?



We played with this little nonstop the entire weekend. I think he loved it ;)



Playing under the jumperoo is just so much more fun and entertaining according to this guy.



He then decided it was time to take a stroll (more like a drag) from the bedroom to the living room while mama and daddy took a million pics.



One thing we did do (it was necessary) was clean the front yard. We trimmed the bushes, blew the dust and rocks full of Fall leaves, pulled weeds and swept. All while Elliot kind of helped. That's the life.



I trimmed, he blew :)



Clean, pretty things make me happy.



This is now starting to happen and it both scares the shit out of me and excites me. I remember all my niece wanted to do when she was Button's age was to go up and down, up and down. Maybe mama will lose some more weight doing this.



He wants to be everywhere and touch everything and pull on everything. Crazy kid.



We also squeezed in an episode of The Walking Dead which by the looks of it, Elliot thoroughly enjoyed it. Totally gets it from daddy.



After that it was bath time!! My favorite time of the day. Elliot is loving his baths more and more and even kicks his little legs in the water like crazy while getting us soaked. It might be time to transition him to the big boy bath tub which terrifies me. I'll have to grow two more sets of eyes to keep up with this one.


We are learning the numbers and colors too, kidding, but these bath toys are cute, soft and they stick to the tub as well. Button loves them. I actually do tell him the colors and numbers for each one, it's never too early to learn right?


And just like that it was time for bed. The beginning of another work week ahead of us. Thank God for this little one that gives us something to look forward to and makes our work days go by faster. I love my little family.


Hope your weekend was fun and way more interesting than ours! Not complaining though, I loved it. :)

5 comments:

  1. Mya is STILL obsessed with stairs. She'd do the ones in front of the house a million times if I let her. I love the pic of him scooting on the floor and looking back at you. He definitely looks like he's up to something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of his cuteness is too much for me!! And the stairs!!! Go baby go!!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just the cutest little guy. I'm so glad I don't have stairs though. eek. Nice that you have your own personal fireworks show, for free. I hear that a lot from ppl that live near Disney. I love the front yard - looks great! I'm partial to the bats.
    What tub do you have? Aria has the duck tub (munchkin) and it is the perfect size to play and the perfect softness to flop over on.

    I nominated you for a liebster award, check out today's post on Sweet Turtle Soup if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...