Friday, November 1, 2013

Button's Halloween.

I cannot believe we are already in November! October seriously flew by like a witch in a broom. I was definitely not ready! I had been planning Elliot's costume for a while now, but after analyzing it I thought I could have done a lot more. Oh well, next year will be better! It just kind of creeped up on us with so much work, Jack working late everyday this week and I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was already Halloween day.

I couldn't wait to see Elliot all dressed up and going around our neighborhood trick or treating with him for the first time, well second time technically since he was in my belly last year. Anyway, his wasn't a costume that I bought already ready. We actually bought everything separately in the course of a couple of months. It all started with the bat hat that we found at Old Navy and couldn't get over how cute Button looked. I knew it wasn't really a Halloween hat but it was too cute to pass up. I then got a black onesie, pants and a jacket to match along with some Halloween socks from Target. Wednesday night I ran to Hobby Lobby to get some material to make the wings. I got two sheets of a black felt/fabric I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but it's sort of thick but pliable. I also got some elastic to sew onto the wings for his little arms. I sewed two onto each wing for his wrist and shoulder so that they would stay put. 


I waited for Jack to come home and kids were already out trick or treating! I'm sure he didn't understand what was going on, why mama was so excited about his outfit and why I was taking so many pictures, a daily occurrence regardless. He made no fuss about it though which worked out for me. I snapped away then put him down for his nap.

We got the candy and went outside while Elliot took his nap and handed out some of it. My sister then joined us and we ate really quick, Elliot woke up at the perfect time and we were ready! I couldn't stand the cuteness of his costume. Actually, I couldn't believe this would be the very first year we had a kid to take trick or treating! It's surreal. As minimal as this is, it was a big deal for us. Our very own candy to pass out and a kid of our own to dress up! Crazy I tell you.








Once we had about half of the candy remaining, we took the stroller and headed out to get some candy of our own. I love, love, loved it! I kept telling Jack how cool this was to be doing this and building memories of our own. You could have sworn I was the kid getting dressed up getting the candy. It was just so much fun going around all the neighbors! We even saw three teens (boys) in underwear, I'm not even gonna go there on their costume. It gets weirder and weirder every year. One kid apologized for walking on our grass, my sister an I kept cracking up on the costumes people were wearing, and we had a great time.

We got back and handed out the rest of the candy. My niece kept wanting to pass it out and would tell each and every kid "happy halloween!" and even telling the little kids "I love your costume!" it was so sweet. I couldn't believe how many people go around our neighborhood. We had lines and lines of kids! I am even more excited for next year now, I plan on really going all out.

Elliot was doing fine and didn't get scared with any of the costumes until he saw this and started crying. Of course it was Jack. I had no idea he was getting dressed up at the neighbors but I should have imagined.


At around eight this one was done and ready to back inside the house. I was ready too. At nine people still kept ringing our doorbell. We were done kid. My niece kept saying she would give them her candy which was cute, but that would've only kept them coming. Besides, we wanted that candy! Good thing this little one doesn't know anything about that yet cause mama and daddy will have treats for months! :)


 We really had a great time. Elliot drank his bottle and passed out. My sister and niece left, Jack and I got ready for bed, looked for a good Michael Myers movie, since they were playing nonstop on AMC, but the one that was on was not one of the good ones so we went to sleep. Ahh what a good day it was. Elliot won't remember but I'll have the pictures to show him! Thanksgiving planning is next. 

10 comments:

  1. I love hims! Too adorbs!!!!

    Xo
    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you guys got to go trick or treating! We got rained out but we still had fun dressing up :) Next year! Your little guy looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you win for best costume this year! Or, Elliot does rather. There should be a crown or a sash or something.

    Isn't it the best to have a little human to take trick or treating? So much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on insta and almost died. Cutest little bat EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, his costume is awesome!! So cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a little cutie - love his costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this costume is adorable! Such a cutie! Happy to be your new follower!

    TatteredToTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! I love his costume!!!!!! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...