Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Life Lately.

First and foremost, I wanted to give a shout out to all my IG and blog mamas! I'm so glad I've had the chance to share with you all and get to see your beautiful babes and a little glimpse of your lives. I love it!!

Pure craziness is how I can describe my life right now. "When it rains, it pours" couldn't be more accurate. Work and home have been the busiest they have ever been! I don't think I was in my office for more than thirty minutes these past two weeks. I had a feverish baby at home already added to the everyday life of insanity we have hence this ridiculous blogging hiatus.

I can say that I am very blessed though and I wouldn't change that for the world. I have an amazing job, and my family, well, I can't even tell you how I feel about them. They're my everything.

So with October gone, Halloween decorations went with it. Bats are gone and I am ready to bust out Christmas decorations, but I am holding off until a little before Thanksgiving. I'm still in the process of collecting holiday stuff since we had pretty much zero of anything.

So, onto Button's fever. I got a call from daycare on Tuesday at about eight thirty (those calls always freak me out) and was told that Elliot had a fever but they had already spoken to Jack and he was on his way to pick him up. We had actually already planned on it and decided it would be him who would pick him up since I've been crazy busy at work and had to work late this week.

I got home and he was burning! Jack had taken him to the doc and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. They even took a blood sample from his little finger my poor babe. So we dealt with it for about three days, too long in my opinion but there was nothing we could do about it. It was killing me! He was also really hot but his hands and feet were cold which was really weird to me so I Googled it (as we do with everything right?) and it said sometimes that's normal. Weird. There's nothing fun about it. So Tylenol, very little clothing and cold compresses were the go-to's for this situation.



Anyway he is doing so much better now. The fever is gone and all he wants to do now is play and play and play. This weekend was no exception. I also had the day off yesterday (a big thank you to all the Veterans!) and spent the entire day playing and eating with this little boy.

I've been giving him egg yolk and he loves it. I love watching his little fingers pick it up and take it to his mouth. So darn cute.


And yes, all he wants to do when he's on his crib is to stand up, no matter what time it is. Not cool for mama. It's funny, even when he's asleep on the bed and I put him in his crib, he gets up and starts going for the rails lights off and all. Crazy kid.


I was in desperate need of some relaxation time and what's better than cozy socks, beer, popcorn and Sex and The City 2 at the end of the night. 

"We've got a lot of Abu Dhabi to do, Abu Dhabi Do!" 


I wasn't kidding when I said he wants to get into everything.


I am ready for the Holidays. It will be our first year hosting all of them and I'm excited! I am also ready for all the movies! A must see movie that we would always watch growing up during that time is Home Alone 1 & 2. I can't get enough of them. I want to start that tradition with Elliot and Jack. Growing up we had the VHS and if I had a player I would totally do it! I ordered them online though and cannot wait to get them. I have plans for a Christmas tree that we haven't gotten yet. Mantel decorations, pillows, prints I want to frame, scents just for those days, outdoor decor, etc. I could go on and on.

We swung by Bath & Body Works (again) and I scooped up these two candles, although I'm a fan of Scensty, I couldn't pass these up. I know, I know, I said I didn't like food scented candles but honestly, smell these and tell me you wouldn't convert. Besides, my theme for Christmas is knitted everything and this candle holder was on clearance. Must have been destiny ;)


Speaking of Scensty, of course I couldn't pass up some of these scents. So many to pick from!


Target also has amazing one dollar section items (as usual) and I got all these goodies and still went back a couple of days later to get some colorful straws for Elliot's birthday party. They had the perfect colors! I love how all of this is so festive and Christmas-y.



Since this little has no crawling in his little mind whatsoever, I bought him this table to play on and to be able to stand up on his own which he loves. I seriously think he will be one of those babies I've read about that skip crawling entirely and start walking, BUT, I also read that crawling is a milestone that teaches them motor skills. Is this true? I'm not going to lie, I'm freaking out a little bit but if that's what it will be then so be it right?


The randomness of this post makes me cringe but I had to catch up somehow! :)

Have a great Tuesday!! 

6 comments:

  1. Poor baby!! Mia was teething for 8 days and she was MISERABLE! They day after her teeth finally popped through, she started acting like a monster again. It took me 2 days to realize she may have an ear infection. Sure enough!! Then she came down with a cold (which she still has) the night of her last dose of anti biotic for the ear infection. Poor girl can't catch a break :( Sick babies are the wooooorst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely in love with that knitted candle holder! I have the sweater warmer from Scentsy and the two would look perfect together, I may have to swing by bath and body works :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm stealing your knit christmas theme. I really need to ramp up my holiday decorating efforts around these parts. lol Don't worry about the crawling...it IS supposed to be important but honestly neither my brother or my sister crawled at all. And if you makes you feel any better, my brother was an athlete and valedictorian of his class.
    Glad your lil guy is feeling better. Sick babies make me so sad :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything single thing in this post. The baby (so glad he's feeling better!). The socks. The beer. Home Alone. Your Target finds. And I'm so jealous of that knitted candle holder!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad about that fever - sucks sucks sucked.

    Isn't pincher grip the cutest? I love watching Aria pick up little things now.

    I am going to have to hit up Target now that the Halloween stuff is gone, hopefully. Last time I was there it was all sparse and picked over and ready to go away. Bring on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the goodie finds! And all these pics of baby boy of course!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...