Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Card Fiasco.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that it is Christmas Eve today. How.did.that.happen? It's pure nonsense. I am so so glad to say that we are finally done with the craziness at work and at home. I swear we were at so many stores and Target almost every day. Although I love you Target you broke my bank and that's not cool. At least my heart is content knowing that everyone is getting a little something from us. I can't wait for everyone to open presents!

I was a good girl and ordered our Christmas cards early and was so excited to get them and send them with plenty of time for everyone to get it before Christmas. I ordered them on Shutterfly with a 50% off coupon plus free shipping. I thought I was on top of the world! When I got them, I immediately opened them but was disappointed to find that they weren't what I had imagined. Don't get me wrong, the paper quality was great but the overall design with the picture just didn't work together when printed. They looked great online but definitely not in person, there was just something about them I didn't like.


I sent them back, I really really couldn't keep them and send them out. I just wouldn't have been happy! So after reading this post on Wifessionals I immediately downloaded the Walgreen's app, found a cute design and sent it to print. It was ready in a hour! BUT I was completely expecting them to be printed on card stock (as was Kaitlyn's and it looked awesome!) and was surprised to see a photo card. FAIL. It still looks cute but I've never been a huge fan of the photo cards. Not that there's anything wrong with them I just prefer regular paper. I don't think our Walgreen's here carries anything other than the photo paper. Oh well. I still sent them out with some time and everyone got theirs already! At least I was happy about that. 


Lesson of the day: Just because there's a sale doesn't mean you rush and send whatever out to get printed. Even if they tell you that sale ends that day, it doesn't mean it really ends that day. I got about four emails in the next few days after I sent my order in telling me it was the last day for that same 50% off. Ha. Good one. I'm sticking to Tiny Prints for Elliot's birthday invitations.

With that, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!



3 comments:

  1. Merry christmas!!! Love your cards!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards! I totally missed out on Christmas cards this year! I just got way too busy and they slipped my mind :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both versions of your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...