Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Recap.

A little late but whew we are barely starting to catch up from all the Christmas craziness and our relaxing days off from work. It was amazing.

My family and I have always celebrated Christmas Eve with dinner and opening presents at night. We always did this when I was little! Christmas Day was always reserved to use and play with all of our new toys and I loved it. I have so many fond memories of those days that I always look back on around this time of the year every year. I remember they would send us to "hide" and they would  put out all our gifts then ring bells and say Santa had come. My sister and I (before my brother was born) would be so excited and run to wherever the presents were. Now, with Jack and I, we wanted to keep that tradition going along with his family tradition which is brunch and gift opening Christmas Day. We hosted dinner at our house Eve day and opened all of the presents we got for the kids and Jack's and mine. Elliot was already sleeping so we avoided him freaking out by all the yelling and screaming. We sent them upstairs while we put all the gifts under the tree then rang the bells and Santa was there! It was so much fun to see their little faces when they saw them and opened everything, it brought so much happiness and joy to my heart.

I was having so much fun and consequently, didn't take any pics of all the action. I took a few of the little stations I set up for the family.




We saved all of Button's gifts for the next day to be able to keep a little bit of both traditions and starting our own with our little family. After an eventful and fun night, we were up not so early the next day and headed to the living room where he opened up gifts, by that I mean us starting to tear the paper till he sort of got the hang of it himself, not really, we opened them for him which was so much fun! Haha.

This, THIS right here makes my heart melt. This is the morning I had been waiting for my whole life! And many more to come. I think Jack and I were more excited than Elliot to see what Santa had brought him but we were wrong, he was excited too!

How did all of this come from this tree mama? 


I guess they're all mine. That Santa sure is nice.


They are? Yay!



Now, which one's first.


Maybe this one.


Santa didn't forget my hubby and brought him a membership to the Dollar Shave Club (which I had no idea
about until I read Jessica Garvin's post a while back then again a couple of weeks ago!) I must say, best decision ever, Jack loved it! I'm even thinking about signing myself up ;) He also got a book by his
favorite author Stephen King and a watch case for all his watches he has laying around in the closet.
Needless to say, he was a happy camper.


Elliot loved his little motorcycle his aunt got him! He presses all the buttons and rocks back and forth when he's on it. So cute.


I hope that all of you had the best Christmas!! Although it makes me a little sad that the Holidays are over, we are ready for what's to come with the new year. We are so blessed and filled with happiness that our hearts are content. We are so looking forward to next Christmas already as we know that Elliot will be able to enjoy and know what's going on a lot more and I cannot wait for that!

Now let's get all those extra pounds from all the yummy food off! New Year's resolution for sure! :)

12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Christmas! His little face is just precious! I'm sure you guys had such a great time :)
    xo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love his little smile! Too cute! Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas Eve tradition. I thought my baby girl would not open the presents either, but to our surprise, she did quite well. Next year he'll be a pro at it!
    www.andthencameavah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sweet. I love the photos. He looks so happy! Mac really wasn't into the presents this year. I can't wait until next year when they'll "get it" a little bit more. Happy New Year to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you on Instagram, love your blog, love DSC as well, you will love the razors yourself I promise you!!

    Newly following,
    Elena
    www.babyridleybump.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always the cutest pictures!! Happy holidays sweet friend :)
    Boy, oh {mamas} boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those happy pictures under the tree! So much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cookies and teh Holiday party decor!!! Elliot looked like he had a blast this Christmas!!! He def made out with some great toys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry (belated) Christmas!! Those pictures totally make my heart smile, he is so gosh darn cute surrounded by presents and paper and colourful baby toys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Hot Chocolate bar ! Elliot's faces are priceless , he is so adorable! Glad you had awonderful holiday love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first Christmas is so special!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...