Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014: The Year Of Change.

Happy New Year!! This was by far one of the most fun New Year's I have had. It was a little bit low key and I loved every second of it. We had some great food, had some adult beverages and talked and laughed nonstop.



My mom and sister made grape leaves, if you've never had them, please run to your nearest Middle Eastern/Greek restaurant and have some. They are the shit. My mom and my sister make them better than any I've ever had. I prepared a veggie platter and a cracker, cheese, dip platter. Both so so yummy!

We ate then lounged for the rest of the night. It felt so good to have all the family with us as we haven't really had the chance to all be together the entire night for the past couple of years during the holidays so hosting it at our house was a great idea. My mom had to leave early because she had to work the next day (boo) so it was my sister, my niece and us. We drank, played games then ten came around and we were all so tired! We kept drinking and playing to stay up and we did it! We popped open the champagne, toasted, hugged and exactly 2.5 seconds after midnight we all said goodnight and went to bed :) At least we made it till midnight and trust me, it was really hard. Even Elliot woke up to toast with us, it's like he knew. The he slept in till eight thirty the next day! Such a good kid.

I got to put on a dress too! I felt so grown up and myself again. I even left it on all night! I kept telling my family that I was going to change into leggings but ended up leaving it on. It made me feel good.


I call this the year of change because I feel like last year, things happened way too quickly and we didn't get to fully enjoy everything that life had there waiting for us. This year Jack and I made a vow to spend more time together as a husband and wife, more dates, trips to the movies and just time together in general and definitely make more quality time for Elliot which has been really hard since we both work full time and the hustle and bustle of everyday life gets in the way a little bit sometimes. Now that he is a little older, we will be able to do a lot more with him. Trips to the zoo, the park, and a good family vacation are in order this year. 

We both want to eat healthier again, our eating habits kind of went down the drain this past year due to a baby, full time jobs and a house renovation, it should be no excuse but the last thing we would think about sometimes was cooking and eating healthy. Ordering a pizza online seemed like the way to go a lot of the times. No more of that. It takes longer to make a healthy dinner (not all the time) but we really want to stick to the way we eat since Elliot will soon follow that. That's a big priority. We also need to be a lot more active. A LOT more active which doesn't seem like a huge problem since Elliot helps a lot with that one ;) In all seriousness though, I complain a lot about my weight but do nothing about it. That will change!

I've loved reading all of your resolutions and definitely relate to a lot of them. I think that sometimes we get so busy that we forget to stop and look at the little things that matter the most. I'm very and constantly guilty of that.

May your 2014 be full of blessings, happiness, love and may you fulfill all of your goals and dreams!

4 comments:

  1. Great resolutions!! Your New Years sounds perfect and very similar to ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee stuffed grape leaves! I've only had them twice but they were homemade by my friend Mom. Do delish! If you don't mind me asking, what ethnicity are you?
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to eat healthier too. It's so hard when you have a lot of other stuff going on.

    Sounds like a really fun night. I have been having a hard time staying up until midnight these past few years too ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all, I think want to be the best spouse we can, but marriage def takes work and spending time together is so important! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...