Friday, January 17, 2014

New Tod's Faves.

Maybe I shouldn't put Elliot in the toddler category just yet right? After all, he is still in the pre-toddler stage according to my resources ;) Therefore, that gives me plenty of time to prepare, or try to, for the times to come.

With that said, here are some of my favorite items, toys, books, etc so far for Button.


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

1/ This Fisher Price play table has been a hit ever since he was able to stand. We use it so much that Jack and I sing along. Lame. Elliot loves it which is what matters!

2/ That set of toys is well, sold as a set. It would've been nice to know that. We bought everything separately and probably spent more that way. Oh well. The stackable rings are sort of a toy from the past. Elliot moved on from it as soon as he figured out how to stack them in record time. The shape box is so cute but serves no purpose to him as of yet, he takes the lid off and throws the shapes in there. Who has time to put them in one by one? Not him apparently. Now the xylophone on the other hand, he loves. He's starting to play some notes and laughs about it. We love it too, when we are playing with Elliot, Jack and I have competitions to see who can get Twinkle Little Star done without making any mistakes. Then we bet on things like changing Elliot's diaper (if you smelled them you would do this too), folding the laundry, throwing out the trash you know, everyday routines. Pretty normal right?

3/ I bought this sippy years ago. Okay totally exaggerating but I love this brand and I got it on clearance a long time ago hoping Button would quickly learn to drink from it. He just got the hang of it not too long ago and drinks from it all the time now. I love that you can twist the lid to keep the straw inside of it to keep it clean when I toss it in the diaper bag.

4/ I know it's early for him to eat with a spoon but I really want him to learn this soon. I give it to him to practice and while he holds it with one hand and eats with the other I'm sure he will get it. Someday.

5/ This Dr. Seuss book along with "Oh Baby, The Places You'll Go" are his two favorites hands down. He always goes to this one in particular and sits there looking at the pictures. Jack and I read it to him and we take turns with each line because we know it by memory. As soon as he hears the words, he knows exactly what we are doing he smiles and immediately goes to whoever has the book and sits there touching all the soft parts of it. So so cute.

6/ These little sneakers are perfect for him to stand and hopefully take his first steps. They are sturdy and so cute! A friend of mine told me she got those for her daughter and they have lasted her a long time. We will see with this little babe. We call them Weekend Shoes. He smiles when he sees that it's time to wear them and as soon as I put them on he sits down to touch them, then takes one off. 

7/ These suction bowls are not the exact ones I got but they are similar. They have a suction tab that adheres to the high chair although sometimes they don't work as well and Elliot ends up dumping his meal on him or the floor. They are good to teach him to start using a plate/bowl because as soon as he sees anything that remotely resembles one it goes darting across the kitchen, food and all.

I am so ready for this three-day weekend ahead and I'm ready to have our own little celebration with Button this Monday! It's his birthday and while I'm still in shock, I'm ready for him to have his very first taste of sweet goodness. Whichever shape that comes in, I haven't decided yet.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I have got to try that sippy, everyone seems to love it!! Happy Friday lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading that Suess book to Savanna since she was first born! We read it at least once a week..one of our favorites. Since I just introduced the sippy to Savanna I'll have to check that one out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great share! I do the same thing I would put my daughter in the toddler category before time and now I wish she was a baby still. LOL Your son is just soo cute. Well I'm sure any tot would love these things

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that prepared for all this toddler stuff! Before you know it, he will be one! I want to buy that book for my babes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lil toys are giving me baby fever, oh wait...lol love lil Elliot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...