Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Party Planning.

Seriously. I am here already. I honestly started planning Elliot's first birthday party when he was born about seven months old. I knew I didn't want a cartoon theme. I just wanted a boyish, cute colors, simple party for him. So, after thinking about it and looking, I decided it would be balloons. Simple and cute. What kid doesn't like balloons? I know Elliot loves them and it drives Jack and I nuts because he digs his nails into them like he's going to pop them but he doesn't. We cringe the entire time waiting for the pop and the balloon making that rubbery noise! I shudder just thinking about it. He sure knows how to get to us.

These are the colors I am using. After trying to decide on them forever, I went with bright, bold colors. I wanted to keep them neutral and do muted colors with a pop but that is MY style. We are talking about a one year old here and so I wanted to make it appropriate. These will be on a lot of the decorations. Also, I braced myself and purchased a circle punch to make my own garland. I found some amazing ones on Etsy but with everything we are buying for Button's party, I have to take it upon myself to see where we can reduce costs. I purchased it at Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon and it works great along with some paper in different colors. Now the sewing part is up. We will see how that one goes. I just have to remind myself not to stitch my fingers together and we are good to go.


If you are following me on Pinterest, I have been pinning away since day one on this board. They have the cutest ideas!

We will also have a sweets table and an activities table for the little ones along with some games to keep them entertained. I've never done this before so I'm excited but nervous! I want it to be perfect and I realize I'm going above and beyond expectations from a ONE year old, but hey, it's Elliot's party after all. My firstborn ;) Go big or go home. I'm keeping it simple and small, so it has to be darn good. I hope.

I am also doing a really awesome collaboration with Tiny Prints for this party and I can't wait to share that with you!! Now, back to more party planning!

5 comments:

  1. So exciting, I am sure it will be perfect!!! Xo

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how it all turns out! I'm sure it will be fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you picked.Can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeep! Super excited to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo, so much you could do! I'll be waiting for more pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...