Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lately- Zombie Mode.

I seriously suck at keeping up with my posts. It's been a crazy, sleepless busy week. Elliot has been waking up in the middle of the night about twenty thousand times a night, therefore, Jack and I are walking zombies or walkers. Okay lame joke. It's the deliriousness in me from lack of sleep. Elliot has been waking up, getting up on his crib facing our bed and proceeding to scream at the top of his lungs to be picked up and sleep in our bed. Mind you we have a queen size bed where Jack and I barely fit. Add a crazy little sleeper and you get zero shut eye. When I say crazy sleeper, I literally mean crazy sleeper. I will lay this kid down one way and he wakes up the opposite way with a leg or an arm sticking out of the crib. Jack and I are pretty smooth sleepers and hardly move so this drives me nuts! When he sleeps with us, I've been woken up by a kick in the face or the stomach or a headbutt. Those are the worst.

Last night I told myself I would do something about it, because let me tell you, we are fully aware that it's completely our fault for letting that little Button sleep with us but it has caused us to resort to more coffee and going to bed earlier and earlier passing out as soon as our heads hit the pillow. I laid him down in his crib and he realized that it wasn't our bed so of course he got up and started whining. I let him be. He cried, got mad, threw his pacifier at me, not really, the floor, and kept crying for a good 45 minutes. I didn't budge as much as I wanted to get him and just let him lie with me and I knew that as soon as I did that he would fall right asleep but that wasn't the point right? After that, he went down! He was out. He did not move one finger, I swear I had to go check him a couple of times to make sure he was breathing. He did get up a couple of times later on, yeah Rome wasn't built in a day, but as soon as I would put him down, in his crib, he would fall back asleep. We were able to get a little bit better sleep and I am going to continue to do this until he no longer wakes up screaming in the middle of the night.

We were so out of it that when Jack got in bed, we turned the lights off and were talking about how Elliot did so good and how we are going to continue with this then out of the blue he yells "oh shit what's that?" pointing towards our bathroom and I yelled "what!" then he said "oh nothing I was kidding". I was like huh?? He scared the crap out of me! I punched him so hard on his arm and we started laughing so much and so loud that we almost woke Elliot up. Yeah that ironic. Then of course, we were so riled up after laughing that I had a hard time falling asleep. Double the irony.

Jack also broke the blender and I broke the coffee pot all within days of each other. So after making a trip to Target, we decided that the coffee pot took precedence because honestly nowadays coffee is what we are surviving on! Who needs a blender? ;)

In other news, Elliot is no longer on formula and took regular whole milk like a true champ. He is also eating everything in his path and is almost walking! He did come down with an ear infection and pink eye which were not fun at all (boo daycare) but he is doing so so much better. The eye drops were not an easy task but he takes the antibiotic like candy. Such a big boy!


Have a great Tuesday!

P.S. If you have any tips on how to make your baby or how you made your baby a better sleeper please tell me!

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy, lots a craziness going on there. That means great luck is headed your way :) sorry about your babe getting the yucks! Hope you found a good coffee maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your walking dead reference! We love that show :) and that is about right, we had a similar thing happen with Foster. He is STILL in our bed so I don't have much advice other than do what works for you! Every mama and baby is different. If you figure it out tell me your secrets! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those chick peas?

    Not getting enough sleep is so lame. I'd keep up with not giving in to his demands. He'll learn and you will all get a better night sleep. I know I would get zero sleep if Aria was in bed, she is a mover like Elliot! Kid can't not roll around all night long. Fingers crossed he stays in the crib and everybody sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! He eats great. Max would never eat veggies, I have to buy the squirt packs for him to get his fruits and veggies, and you go so lucky with him being able to transition to whole milk easily! We didn't take Max off toddler formula til he was around 16-18 months. It was horrible. He likes mily now, thankfully. One thing I got super lucky with is Max's sleeping schedule, the kid can sleep. Do you all co-sleep? I think thats the only reason Max sleeps so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh so sorry you guys are going through a stage of rough sleep! We have always been lucky with Carter besides when he is sick/teething, so I have no advice for you but to just stick it out even if it's tough listening to them cry! :( Isn't it nice not buying formula, though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe he's still waking up!!! Warm milk maybe? Ugh mama I'm so sorry! I remember those days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...