Friday, February 14, 2014

Be My Valentine.

Is it just me or does every Valentine's Day keep creeping in sooner and sooner every year? It feels that way. Ever since I met Jack, our Valentine's have always been about making something for each other then of course giving each other our favorite treat, chocolate. It's just a simple little way we have to show our love for each other. It has never been extravagant by any means and I like it that way. We never go anywhere (except for one year) because for one, it's always packed everywhere, and two, it's just nicer to stay home and celebrate our own way. This year just creeped up on us and we were completely unprepared. Jack has been working OT for the past few days and has been getting home at midnight. Last night was no exception and that at least gave me some time to prepare what I had in mind for this year.

I actually went to the store (huge mistake) to get what I needed for my card. I had to fight the crowds buying roses, the humongous teddy bears, cards, chocolates etc. Thank God I didn't have to go down the Valentine's isle. It was insane. I made it out alive, mind you I had Elliot with me, and headed home with the goodies. I waited till he fell asleep and got to crafting away.

I opted for a very simple card this time using watercolors. I had been pinning away on this board for cute ideas on DIY cards. They have so many great cards that are simple and so easy to make! I could have gone on forever pinning away. I really wish I were the type to bake and make all these heart shaped things but I'm not. Plus I had zero time! So this is what Jack got. His favorite chocolate and a cute card. He got home so late that when I woke up in the morning, I peeked in the kitchen and everything was still intact which made me wonder if he was so tired he missed it! He says he did see it, but who knows ;)





I have been having my own little celebration with some pretty drinks. One thing that we absolutely always have to have is sparkling water. Always. So to make it more interesting we add lime or fruit to it. Strawberry sparkling water is so good and is a perfect Valentine's drink. This is a nice way to make it less boring.


Of course as soon as Target put these on the shelves I was already there. :) Why do they always have to have the cutest stuff? You're killing me Target! These are the cutest plates and sippy cups I've ever seen!


Look at this tiny little baby. He was six days shy of two months old. Sweetest Valentine's gift ever!


Now at a year old. It's crazy that we are celebrating his second Valentine's Day. Time goes by way too fast. I cannot wait to see what goodies he's gonna give mama and daddy from daycare!



Happy Valentine's Day friends! :)

P.S. Jack, "There better be something in there I haven't already seen". :)

9 comments:

  1. dear lord, the pic of you two looking at each other...just the sweetest thing ever.

    ugh, right? going out for Valentine's day? terrible...it is like a two hour wait with overwhelmed waitstaff and 4000 other people. Not my idea of a fun Valentine. We are actually going out this weekend instead, which isn't something we normally do anyway.

    Love your card!

    happy Valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that plate & cup! <3 I am a big fan of staying in for vday too! And that last picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Everything is so cute in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handmade card is the perfect! My girls made one for daddy, and its the best gift he could ask for! when they're in pre school or daycare they will come home with the sweetest things for mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, love the picture of you looking at each other!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG The black currant choc sounds like heaven! I'm a huge fan of dark chocolate and love the sea salt Ghirardelli . You and Elliot in matching shirts is priceless. Hope your weekend was perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Target gets me every time too. I can't go in there without being sucked into buying something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dying at the picture of you two!!!! So sweet!!!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...