Monday, March 3, 2014

A Trip To The Zoo.

First of all, did you guys watch the Oscars? I loved them!! I put Elliot to sleep and started watching while folding laundry and drinking a cold beer, who said multitasking can't be done in this house? ;) I absolutely loved how Olivia Wilde looked. She rocked that dress. And Kate Hudson? Stunning. I loved Ellen as a host but thought her show kind of started dwindling down at the end. I also loved Pink's performance, my sister and I were texting back and forth on what was going on and I told her how much I loved Pink then she said her performance was lip-synched. Is that true? The acceptance speeches always make me tear up, always. I'm not a huge fan of the Brangelina duo but they looked beautiful and I loved how Brad kissed Angelina when they were mentioning the humanitarian awards and he looked like he teared up. So sweet. Okay, enough of the Oscars.

This Saturday we took Elliot to the zoo. We had been planning this for a couple of weeks and after having such busy days at work and home, this seemed like the perfect way to spend our Saturday morning. We needed something relaxing and effortless and the zoo was both.

I really thought that Elliot would pay some attention but wouldn't really know what was going on. I was wrong! He was the cutest. I would point to an animal and he would sit there and stare at them forever until we moved on to the next one. Then Jack and I were thinking how messed up it is that they have animals locked up for humans to see. Do you guys remember that artist that showcased the opposite? Humans in cages with animals looking at them. Anyway. Again, back to the zoo. Must be Monday.

I was holding him while we went in to look at some type of monkeys and I pointed for him to look at one of them. It was so close that he had a perfect look. The monkey was moving its little hands then all of a sudden jumped to another branch and Elliot shuddered then started pouting to cry. It was the funniest/cutest thing I've ever seen. That's when Jack and I realized that he was in fact paying attention.



The sea lion was one of my favorites. They're such enormous creatures! We then learned the shows were canceled due to them being aggressive when in heat, which is apparently always because they were canceled for good. Those wild animals! :)

This picture melted my heart.



The lion is such a regal and frightening creature that I was glad to be so far away from it.



I tried to get a couple of pics of this little one but he just wasn't in the mood. I parted his hair to the side and he looked too cute!





We ended with the giraffes. They are so weird! They kept spanking each other with their necks. Isn't it funny how they are so close to the highway? I felt sad about that!



We then went home after Elliot fell asleep in his stroller by the time we got to the giraffes but it was such a fun and relaxing day. He did so so good! Of course at home he let loose and was all over the place and I loved it. I love seeing him explore and trying to get into everything.



The weather was so nice that I took Elliot outside to take a few pics, he just wasn't having it! 


I hope your weekend was great despite all of the snow I know some of you have been getting. Seriously, send some over, I'll take it! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your zoo pics, we want to go so bad too! Elliot is the sweetest with his side part. Sadly I didn't watch any of the Oscars. Hopefully I'll be able to see these dresses on the E channel tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously his GQ side part is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Love the zoo pics and how fun is it that he's at the age to really start noticing things and being able to enjoy fun trips like the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's beyond handsome & the zoo is so so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...