Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Our Weekend.

What day is it? Just kidding! I'm tired of those commercials ha!

Monday morning my BF and I were talking and when she asked me how my weekend was I said it was long and great! She asked since when are weekends long (she's right) and I told her honestly this weekend just seemed that way and it felt so good. Jack and I did a lot and our time spent with Elliot is always amazing.

If you follow me on Instagram (@shadiabrown), I posted this picture of the painting supplies I got to do a painting for our living room. These colors are some of the ones we have on the furniture and although I do not want it to match exactly, I have some ideas on how to make it work. I cannot wait to work on this! My mom has two huge paintings that I did in college and although I feel tempted to ask her for them to put in our home she has them in her bedroom and living room so I will just settle for this smaller version.



Sadly, Elliot decided to go to bed a little later than his usual time and this mama was tired so Jack and I only got to work on another little project while having some beers, very much needed for both of us. When you drink a Stella, you need a Stella glass. Period. ;)



I printed a bunch of my Instagram pictures through Artifact Uprising for Elliot's first year party and I wanted to find a place for a few of my favorites. I bought a frame at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon and got on it.


After a few beers the measuring and making sure the spacing is perfect isn't so good so I made sure I started drinking while working on this and not before. :) We used double sided tape on the pictures and it worked out great. Terrible picture but we love how it turned out! We hung it in our bedroom and eventually will go to Button's room.



The next day, Elliot and Jack read the newspaper while we all drank our smoothies. Jack is a huge fan of them and is always making them for us. They're so good. We throw kale and spinach in them and Elliot loves them too. He has been a little picky about his veggies lately and these smoothies have been a good way of incorporating lots of fruits and veggies in them without losing the taste.

Elliot is very intent on finding us some good sales at Lowe's.



This one was made with a little bit of coconut water, orange juice, peaches, strawberries, and a couple of blackberries. We make Elliot's with milk and usually add banana, peaches, strawberries, kale or spinach, blueberries and blackberries.



We spent the day doing yard work and hanging out. My new favorite hobby is yard work! It is so relaxing and as they days get nicer and nicer, the more time we spend outdoors the happier this girl is. It was a beautiful day and it lasted forever!

The loves of my life.


The next day we did our grocery shopping and even got to grill. We made steaks and veggies.



It wasn't a great day to do it but grilling is one of our favorites especially when it comes to veggies so Jack pretty much was the one hanging out outside by the grill. Elliot couldn't take daddy being outside and wanted to join him but it was cold and windy! Mother Nature, make up your mind please.

Finally we started preparing for the week ahead, making lunches, laundry, ironing, giving Elliot a bath are among our usuals for Sundays.


I love you all and I haven't forgotten about blogging, it has just been hectic! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'll say it, happy hump day!

9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post! I'm sure your painting will be amazing, I can see how creative you are! Elliot is too cute looking at the newspaper add, such a little man! The healthy food pics look yummy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elliot looks so tall in the last picture! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE. I'm totally obsessing over the insta frame! How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, that you can paint something for your place! I am too much of a perfectionist and have zero artistic talent for such things, sadly. Elliot and his little paper is too cute, I've got exactly the same thing going on over here! Can't get enough of those sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited to see your painting! I did watercolor for a little while, but was never really "good" at it. It was more therapeutic than anything, but I miss it sometimes! And I LOVE your idea for the IG pics. I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the outcome of the painting! I love the collage of Elliot. He is so photogenic its ridiculous :) xoxo, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is just do stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...