Monday, July 7, 2014

Our Fourth.

Gosh I've been MIA for a while. It's been a very stressful, tough couple of weeks and honestly my desire to write was nowhere to be found between stress and lots of tears. Aside from the fact that our weekends and weekdays have been uneventful as far as anything exciting goes but that's exactly what we needed.

Now all is great and I am feeling good! Today is the first day that stress and anxiety aren't taking over my life. What a horrible feeling!

Our 4th of July was celebrated on Saturday instead of Friday since my mom worked on Friday and we really wanted to have the family together. It's been a while since we all got together and this was the perfect excuse to do so.

Friday morning started with Starbucks breakfast and green tea along with a trip to the park. We needed to do this bright and early to enjoy the nice weather before we were scorched by the heat. Elliot loves looking at the birds, pointing and saying "bed". So cute. Oddly enough, later that day it rained.



I don't think he was fully awake yet. :)









After a long day of fun, this little one was done for the night at seven-thirty. We weren't complaining! As much as we love him, having some alone time is great. We were initially going to attend a party my boss was having but we realized we had so much to do around the house in preparation for Saturday. We needed to clean the front yard, mow the lawn and clean the house so we did that instead. After (and during) we enjoyed a couple of beers and we talked and hung out. I love that quality time with Jack.



Saturday was party day! We were really looking forward to it. I'll admit I raided the dollar section at Target and went all out on red, white and blue and I'm not sorry! We had hot dogs, burgers, pasta salad and the most delicious queso made by my mom. Our drink station was stocked with margaritas, beer and whisky. It was perfect and so relaxing. We were joined by my two cousins who recently moved back to Texas from Georgia and we loved having everyone!


He loved it too! So much that he went to bed at nine-thirty and woke up at seven-thirty!





Sunday was a we-are-not-cooking-eat-whatever-we-want day and it was the best. We didn't mind having the rest of the leftovers at all! So today it's back to running for me and my body that gained a good amount of weight this weekend. 

It also rained really hard and after it slowed down a bit, we all went outside barefoot and walked in the rain. Elliot loved it and didn't want to go back inside. He put his feet in the water puddles and it totally took me back to my kid years when my sister and I used to do that. Such good times!

Holidays are such great excuses for family time and I hope everyone had a great one! It's back to life, back to blogging/reality for me. Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Starbucks+Park=Perfection!! Your family is too cute!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better and had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe loved the rain also!!! And that is so cute that he says bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so glad you are feeling better!! I'm also glad you and jack got time to hangout and that you had a good 4th!! Love all the pictures!! But why is Elliot getting soooo big?? (Sad face)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are starting to feel better friend :) stress and anxiety are HORRIBLE! I been super MIA lately too, but we've been so busy this summer so far! I just haven't had the time or energy for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're back and feeling better! Missed your blog and E's sweet face! Sounds like you guys had a great (and productive) holiday weekend. Love his shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. His shoes!!!! I love them! I'm glad you are feeling better friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you feeling better! Love all the red white and blue you scored in the dollar section! Definitely a good family time, and a good time to eat all the good things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...