Monday, August 4, 2014

Half Bath Remodel.

Happy Monday! (kind of). We finally completed our half bath remodel and we couldn't be happier with it. It was such an easy fix but it truly makes a huge difference in our home. 

We've always had an idea of what we wanted to do with it and we wanted to go bold. It's the bathroom that guests use so it needed to make an impression! I know it's just a bathroom but it was so ugly we hated it!

We had updated the faucet and added the new mirror but it was still not what we wanted. We painted this color thinking it would make it look nicer but it made it look worse ha! I don't think anything in this house had been updated since it was built. The toilet was old (eew!) so of course that was replaced, and the sink was in okay condition but we bought a vanity before we bought the house because it was on sale at Home Depot! Ha!


This was our inspiration. The color (Deep Space) was picked by Jack, he's always wanted to have this color somewhere in the house and I was a little hesitant because it's such a dark color but it ended up looking great. The floor was a no-brainer for me. I've always loved it because it's so vintage but feels so fresh! We knew that was going to be our concept. A mix of vintage and fresh.


We hired a guy to do all of the work for like a fourth of the price. He did a great job. The floor was really hard to install because it is so thin, so that took him the longest. I was so happy to see this progress! The entire project took three days as far as installations go. Once the floors were done, the next day Jack painted the walls. 


I've always loved these faucets and wondered why people update them! They're beautiful and a fraction of the price for the newer, more modern ones.


Once everything was installed and painted, the details were next! This is my favorite part of every project. 


And it's done! We absolutely love the feel of it! We changed the handles on the vanity to match the vintage theme. We also added new base boards because the old ones were yucky!



We have so much art stored in the guest bedroom floor that we did in college and we need to find places to hang everything up! The bathroom is a good place. :) This frame is from Hobby Lobby. The print is a woodcut color background with pencil drawing. The woodcut was done by me and the amazing drawing by Jack. 


This frame is from Pier One. The print is a waterless lithograph I did in one of my classes. :)


We are so so happy with the end result, did I mention that already? :) It was so easy and painless and honestly didn't cost very much. It's a great change for a small space. Now we want to finish every space in the house! I hope you guys like it as much as we do! :)

7 comments:

  1. Seriously it looks gorgeous! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Shadia, I LOVE it!!!! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous! We have the same faucet and I love the style too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Space the final frontier! I love dark colours, and I think they look great in a bathroom! Love the flooring. Turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT! That color did it wonders!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so hoping you'd post about this, and of course, I'm in love! It looks great! Love the new header too by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...