Friday, August 29, 2014

Potty Adventures Part 1.

Who knows how many parts these adventures will have, but this is the beginning!

Elliot starting expressing interest in the potty whenever he saw Jack and I in the restroom (because we know having alone time in the bathroom is a thing of the past with kids) and he would be so curious! We started saying "pee pee" and he would repeat it and point at the toilet. Whenever he has a poopy diaper he grab his diaper and says "poo poo" ha! So I thought it would be good to take this and run with it!

I've been pinning and reading so many articles on potty training before two and I thought why not start trying and get him used to it even if he doesn't actually start doing it right away. I also read tips from other mamas. I bought a potty and a book. I read that the simpler the potty the better, the one with all the bells and whistles and TP holder is distracting for the kid. Knowing Elliot, that's exactly what will happen. I'm getting these and these undies. They are so cute and I know I will need a ton of them.

They arrived pretty quickly and when I took them out of the box, Elliot got the potty and used it as a push toy to go around the house. That was the first thing he had to learn, the potty isn't a toy to play with! So he learned that it stays in the bathroom and he goes and sits on it. As soon as we see him we say "pee pee in the potty". I feel weird typing this like it's somehow TMI ha! Everything goes when you have a kid though right?


I haven't actually started with it because like I said, I want to get him used to the potty first. Also because we need a weekend to do nothing but this and we have been busy getting things done. I'll be honest, I'm also kind of dreading the poopy days because if you know my kid, you know his diapers are the kind that make you gag and your eyes water, especially when you're hungover. ;) On my baby shower at work, the environmental manager gave me a bucket full of hazardous material gear to change diapers complete with a hazmat bag, goggles and gloves. I think it might come in handy for this. ;)

I have a plan and I know all hell will break lose and my plan will go out the window, or down the drain, but at least it's a start! This shit is going down! Literally. Do you mamas have any tips?

For now, we are ready over here to start our three day weekend! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I hear "pee-pee in the potty" I think of the movie look who's talking. Good luck with the training. It will be here for us all to soon too!

    Http://tisourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we're about to start potty training soon. I actually blogged about that today! Great minds think alike, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...