Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Little Sponge.



I can't say that my life has been crazy busy lately, I just haven't had the energy to write! I'm not sure why.

I can say, however, that I'm excited for September! It is our anniversary month and we are excited to celebrate.

I completely missed Elliot's nineteen month post and I'm kicking myself for it but I will probably include it in his twenty month one ;)

I'll also say this- it's insane to me how much he has been learning from eighteen months on. I would see other blog or Instagram posts on other mamas and how their kids are basically already ready for college. Kidding, but I felt kind of behind with Elliot! Then in just a few short weeks he has been surprising us immensely.

I always say it's the little things and it truly is. They make you feel so good as a parent and so proud! I've been talking about him learning Spanish since he was born and I wasn't so sure he was catching on. Just yesterday we were making dinner and he was running around all over the place, as usual, then he came to me and asked me for a "cracka". I handed him one and he looks up at me and says "gracias". I was shocked! He then started saying that every time I gave him something. Mind. Blown. He also says "agua" when he wants water and understands what I tell him in Spanish. Who would have thought! I was completely underestimating my own kid and he proved me wrong.

He also started reciting back what I read him which I absolutely love. I will be reading him Oh Baby! Go Baby! and on the second page he knows to say "baby go!" where it says "oh baby the places you'll go!". He's such a little sponge!

Organizing is also his thing. Just like his daddy. He will stack tupperware, lay out paper plates and cups neatly and sit there and play on his own. We love seeing what an independent little boy he's becoming!


Sometimes as mamas we are so hard on ourselves! I know I look at all these other babies that are so advanced, but I need to sit down and realize that Elliot will get there! He surprises us so so much. I love seeing what he comes up with everyday. Those little things are what fill my heart with joy and make me feel complete. I know Jack feels the same way. Being parents rocks!!



I love this link-up from Ashley over at Words About Waverly. It's all about the little things that matter in life! Have a great Wednesday! :)


6 comments:

  1. He enjoys organizing? That's awesome. He'll probably keep his room clean and help out around the house. My little one is more into destroying, but we'll work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard not to compare. Oh my kid isn't doing such and such yet. But they are usually doing there own little thing and I know Aria is constantly surprising me with what she is learning. It'll all get there! So cute that he started saying the Spanish. They really do just pick up everything and eventually work it out and give it right back! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, love that get loves organizing!!!! After my heart!! You are doing a great job, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say cure post! And I feel you on always feeling behind. I'm constantly worried that my almost 19 month old is behind when he's totally great in his own ways! Your little guy is adorable & the fact that he's picking up another language is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have to watch what I say around b;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute! It's hard not to compare. It took me 4 kids to learn that it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...