Thursday, December 4, 2014

Crockpot Lasagna

I've said a few times before that Crockpot recipes are our thing right now. It is so easy for me to prepare everything the night before and throw it in the Crockpot to cook all day and dinner is ready when we get home. It's the best feeling when I don't have to cook after working all day. Plus one pot and a couple of dishes to clean isn't a big deal! We can then sit down and watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Such oldies that we are over here. I also get to spend more time with my little family and that's always a win.

I got this recipe off of my handy dandy phone app and wanted to try it! I still have the ingredients for a Crockpot Jambalaya that I plan to make on Friday. I'll let you know how that one goes! I will say that since the cooking time for this is 5 hours, I made this one on Sunday and not during the week. Any Crockpot recipe I make during the week has a cook time of 7-8 hours otherwise it will burn by the time we get home!

For the lasagna you'll need-

8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 pack of ground turkey- I use 85/15 (if you like it meaty use the whole pack otherwise use half)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
A jar of pasta sauce sauce- I use Wild Oats organic marinara pasta sauce.
1/3 cup of water
Mushrooms- this recipe calls for canned mushrooms but I used fresh and sauteed them in a little Olive oil.
15oz fat free ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded skim milk mozzarella cheese- I didn't use the entire amount, probably 1 cup.





Brown the turkey meat and stir in the Italian seasoning, set aside. I sprayed the inside of the pot with olive oil and layered 4 noodles. You can break them to make them fit. Add the ground turkey, a layer of sauce, mushrooms, water and cheeses. Repeat. 

Set on low and cook for 5 hours. Voila! Dinner is ready. It's not the healthiest but it is warm, rich and comforting! I think anything having to do with pasta is comforting. ;)





Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish!! We made crockpot jambalaya last week and oh my goodness!!! It was soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have frozen chicken breasts and a jar of gravy in our crock pot right now! I just have to whip up some potatoes and a veggie and we are good to go! I've always wanted to try the crock pot lasagna. It sound so yummy!! And easy is totally our jam!

    Http://tisourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...