Friday, December 5, 2014

Holiday Survival Kit

The holidays can be stressful sometimes, or always. Ranging from what gifts do we get to what do we cook, you know what I'm talking about. Then the fact that Thanksgiving is over and here we are with Christmas and New Year's right around the corner doesn't help! Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays but I definitely think we need a little help to keep us going during these times.

So why not put together a Holiday Survival Kit? I included a his and hers with the help of Jack! We brainstormed and came up with a few things that we think are necessary to get through the holidays!

Hers-

First of all, a good sangria is a must, or any beverage of your preference for that matter. It doesn't hurt to sip on it while cooking, baking or having a house full of guests. ;)

Cute shoes to do any last minute errands and to dress up for the day. These booties are perfect with a pair of skinnies and your favorite sweater!

After running around in those shoes, cozy socks are a must. I have at least three pairs and wear them around the house 24/7 during the Winter since Jack and I (and Elliot) never wear shoes inside the house.

A cute nail polish color. Red is timeless and perfect for Christmas and New Years. Elegant and festive! Plus having it on hand for last minute touch ups is a must. You know that washing all those dishes (and dealing with a toddler) tends to chip nails! Maybe paper plates this year? ;)

A few extra Target gift cards as last minute gifts. If you know me you know I love Target as pretty much everyone does and you just can't go wrong with a gift card.

Mistletoe because you cannot forget to kiss your hubs, or your kids and family every time you're under it. I see it as a little reminder of how much you love them, precious family time and I'll take any excuse to kiss my hubby. :)


His-

Onto Jack's list. I think he has the perfect little list for men. As I, drinks for him are necessary, and right now his favorite beer is Heineken so a six pack or two are perfect. Hey, a beer or two never hurt anyone. 

You need something to open them with right? This bullet bottle opener couldn't be more perfect for him. He's guy's guy and loves to go shooting, this is a cool little gadget to keep handy.

He also said Target gift cards as a last minute gift. He knows that anyone and everyone loves Target! Who doesn't?

A comfy pair of slippers. As I mentioned, we don't wear shoes in the house and although he wears socks, the floor can get cold. These are nice to walk around in.

A stress ball is a nice little stocking stuffer if you ask me. Or you could even have a bowl with a couple for everyone! Kidding, but using it if you're stressed out will help!

Last but not least, an extra set of lights. Jack is the type of guy who keeps all the extra light bulbs in case one goes out. We decorated like the Griswald's this year and having the lights go out is unacceptable. ;)


I will be honest though, I always have such a hard time finding things I know Jack will like. Not that he's picky (well kind of) but I'm always on the lookout for stuff I know he will love and wear or use. If this is you, then you need to head over to Man Crates. It is such a cool website where you can find really awesome gifts for your dad, brother, son, husband or friend! You can even personalize them! The coolest part is that they come in a crate that the guy has to open with a crowbar, it doesn't get any manlier than that. I would love to give this as a gift but it can also be a nice little survival kit for any occasion. And they have zombie survival crates! Go check it out!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...