Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Fun

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Jack and I agreed that this was one of the best weekends we have had! It was so much fun and so relaxing at the same time. My niece spent the whole weekend with us and it was the best. Elliot had the best time! He behaved his best and I think it's time for a sibling!

We kicked it off by having some apple pancakes to start our Saturday morning. They were so good! The kids weren't so sure and I made them regular ones while Jack and I ate the apple ones. I want to try pineapple next! I saw them on Pinterest and really wanted to try them.


Jack did some wrestling while I cleaned up and we got ready for the day. We had a trip to the park planned but it was so so hot that we decided to go to Target instead. :)


We had promised Elliot and my niece a water fight and that's what we did. First I made these popsicles with coconut and pineapple water, blueberries, kiwi, lemon and coconut chunks. We ate them outside because it was about a hundred degrees and then the kids got soaked. 

That night we played What's In My Box, our little spin off from Jimmy Fallon's game on The Late Night Show. I described a lemon squeezer as a beer koozie and Jack completely bought my lie. It was so much fun we couldn't stop laughing! It can actually be a fun drinking game so we plan on playing it at our next party and making it more complicated! If you don't know what I'm talking about, look for one of the episodes on YouTube and you'll be laughing too. 





We also took a trip an early trip to the outlet mall to get out for a bit on Sunday. These two are like brother and sister. I loved to see that if I gave Elliot some water, he asked that I give some to my niece too. Everything I gave him, my niece had to have the same thing. She loves him so so much and calls him her little brother. They take good care of each other.





I love them both so so much! My niece has always been like my daughter and I take care of her just as if she were. I love that they are growing up so close despite the age difference and I don't think Elliot has had this much fun ever! Now these sleepovers will become an often thing to do. :) 

Why are weekends always so short?! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. First off when did Elliot turn 16?! He's so big! And secondly I second the whole sibling thing;)

    'Tis Our Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...