Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekend + Recipe

I've been wanting to post my recipes on here but have been so lazy to set them up. Here is the one for the raw beet salad I posted on my Instagram a few days ago! It's super simple and I got the recipe from Pinterest.

It goes something like this-

3 medium beets, peeled
1 orange with zest
1 lemon with zest
chives (the second time I made this I added green onion instead-same result)
Olive oil
Salt to taste

The recipe calls for shredding the beets but I julienned them by hand. I wish I had a mandolin! I wanted the beets to have more bite than if I shred them and it's a lot of work but it's worth it. I put them in a big enough bowl to mix, I added the zest of the orange then the juice, same thing with the lemon. Salt, 2 tsps of olive oil and the chives. Mix everything and you can even let it sit in the fridge for a bit to allow the beets to marinate in the orange and lemon. It's absolutely perfect for summer as a side with any dish! Or on its own!


This weekend was nice. We went to a coworker's rib cook off between him and another coworker. I don't eat pork but I tasted them and although the barbecue taste was good, all I could taste (and think about) was the pork and it reminded me why I don't like it, ha! I grew up never eating it (I grew up that way with a Muslim dad) and I had never tasted ribs before.

Elliot loved being there and fell in love with my coworker's two yellow labs. They're such beautiful dogs and for the first time since Jack and I have owned a home, I'm finally thinking about getting a dog. I have to think about it some more though. :)




There was a cornhole competition but Elliot didn't nap that day and started getting pretty grouchy towards the end of the night before the competition started and we left but I have to say he has a pretty good arm! He was throwing like a little pro. :)




He had been asking to go to the park every day but it has been so hot! Sunday we got up early and took him, all toys in tow. He played with none of them and was too busy chasing the birds. 


I love my boys so much.


I also got my bracelet in the mail! I ordered it through PS I Adore You and I couldn't be happier. I love buying from this company as they support small businesses and a great cause, I'm all about that!


I hope your weekend was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...