Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Day We Found Two Pink Lines

It was a Saturday night and we had purchased a bag of blood oranges. So deliciously sweet but a bit tart at the same time. Like a mix between an orange and a grapefruit. I looked up some blood orange margarita recipes, but ultimately ended up coming up with my own concoction and boy were they good. Really good.

I made the first one and the only one I would drink that night and the last one for the next nine months. I remember taking the last sip and getting up to make another one, but then this strange feeling came over me. It felt wrong, I felt as if I were doing something wrong. I knew why.

In the last year and a half, we have had a couple of instances where Jack and I thought, this is it, we are having a baby. Only to find out we weren't. I went to my doctor for my regular checkup and he told me I should've been pregnant by now, especially because the previous year at my appointment, he knew we were trying. I'm not sure why but it just wasn't happening. I started with an ovulation kit after this last appointment and that did the trick!

Four or five months later, after starting with the ovulation kit, and after my last sip of that margarita that night, I really knew. I also knew that the ovulation kit came with a pregnancy test. I wasn't so sure it would be positive since I had been drinking water all day and well, the margarita, but I was positive about it. I took the test and after what seemed like an eternity, the slightest hint of a pink line was visible. I ran to Jack and told him I saw a line, I saw two lines! He said he couldn't see it. He said we should wait till the morning, buy another test and take it then but I couldn't wait. I drove to the pharmacy and bought a box of three, but this time I wasn't going to mess around with lines, I needed the one where it clearly tells you pregnant or not pregnant. I took another one and we could clearly see it! It said pregnant! I took two more, one the next morning and one a few days later, just to be sure.



I was overcome with feelings, happy and sad. It made me miss my dad more than ever. It also made me mad because it made me miss my dad more than ever. The fact that he's now missing out on the lives of five soon to be six grandchildren is infuriating, but I want to be positive about everything and enjoy this moment for what it is. Such is life and it goes on. You can read about that here.

So here it is, another baby Brown waiting to meet the world, mama, daddy and big brother and we cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you Shadia. I am sorry I have not been able to meet your baby yet, but know that I truly appreciate you and I am very happy for you! oh and I love reading your blog :) Susi Barron

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...