Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sicky mama and baby.

This weekend was awesome!! We did a whole lot of nothing...well changed a light fixture, ordered a dresser for our bedroom, bought some decorations for the house and drank some beer!! (You might think we are alchies but I swear we are not!) Corona is not my fist choice when it comes to weekend drinking but they just looked so good at the store I had to buy them.

Hadn't noticed that Elliot looks a little creepy in the monitor!

We hung out with my grandparents who left Tuesday and celebrated my sister's and brother's birthdays with a flan cake that was so delicious I could have eaten the whole thing!

We also watched The Impossible. That movie had me tearing up with a huge knot in my throat the entire time!!! It's crazy to think that it's a true story. Really good movie.

So Sunday in the middle of the night I wake up to find that Button had puked all over his little self, his clothes and his play-pen. Poor baby I had to change everything, clean him up and put him back in bed. I thought he would be fine and blamed myself for it since I thought I had maybe over fed him since he hadn't woken up to eat and my (idiot) self woke him up. He probably could have slept through the night!! And this mama woke her little baby up and stuffed 7oz of milk in his little (probably full) belly. Then Monday, when my husband picked him up from daycare, he came home with a feverish baby. I got home and as soon as I touched his little forehead I knew he did in fact have a fever. So I just kept an eye on him, kept him cool and close to mama. In the middle of the night I woke up to check on him and there it was again...more vomit all over my Button! I couldn't go to work and leave him like that! (plus I don't know if daycare would've taken him anyway). I stayed home with my little monkey and I loved it!! I could be home with him all day everyday. Later on that day I fed him and a few minutes later came more of the projectile vomit (exorcist style) all over our comforter, his blankets, his clothes and my clothes so it was a fun day of washing, being sick and taking care of my sick baby. I have never liked to take medication for anything only if I reaaaaally need it and once I had Elliot I said I wouldn't give him anything either unless prescribed or if I see that he really needs it. If I don't like doing it, why would I do it to him? This time though I gave in and gave him one dose of Tylenol but that was enough for him.


He is such a good baby that he only cried a little bit and it was the sweetest, softest cry as if he were saying "mama, make this go away" my poor baby!!! There's nothing worse than seeing you baby sick and not being able to tell them not to worry because they will get better really soon. Other than that, he was smiling and talking the rest of the time.


Jack took the day off today to take him to the doc and he is doing fine! Apparently it was just a 24-hour bug going around. He is good and happy! I wish I could have stayed home with him.

Hello! I'm just chillin' over here.

So this weekend will be my first Mother's Day!!! We are throwing our first cookout at our house and I couldn't be more excited. I have some awesome ideas for mama gifts that I will post!

Have a great hump day!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...