Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Fun-ness.

Naturally, with Fall weather and Fall almost here, the weekend began with a little bit of decorating. Now that we have our very own home, I told Jack there will be an explosion of decorations for every season there is. Tastefully done of course ;)

I couldn't have been more excited to see all the things that stores are coming out with for this season and I couldn't wait to snag a few of them. If you follow me on IG (@shadiabrown) I posted a pic of how I started. I've added a couple more things to it but wanted to keep it simple and somewhat neutral to be able to transition this into Halloween and eventually Christmas.





You know I had to add a button in there somehow. :)



I purchased most of this stuff at Hobby Lobby and Marshalls and used items I already owned as well. I made the banner with tags and twine I got at Hobby Lobby and wrote the letters with a white marker. I also added some dead branches from one of our trees to the white pitcher vase in the dining room. I still need to add a few more things but I'm sure a trip to Target will solve this.

Saturday was a shopping and relaxing day and we really didn't do much since we had to wake up bright and early on Sunday to go to The Color Run. It's a 5k untimed race that is done just for fun while getting showered with colored powder at different stations. It is so much fun. The only downside was that it started right at the time Elliot takes his first nap and he was not a happy camper since there was a guy with a microphone cheering the enormous crowd and there was a lot of noise. He just wasn't having it. Once we were able to move past the start line he fell asleep and was so good during the entire thing. He was happy, looking at everything although we did have to cover him good at every color station but he still got his white onesie along with his toes and hands full of color. He looked so cute. This is the first year I've done this (thanks to Jack's company for paying for it!) and I'm sold. Definitely doing this from now on.

I do have to say that I need to invest in a better stroller, one made for actual walks or for running (hint hint Jack)



I was a little bit bummed because we had to wear Jack's company's shirts and not the actual shirts they gave us for this but I got over it. I can wear it to the gym around the house ;)



It was hotter than a mother that day (after such beautiful weather we had been having) and Elliot ended up with no socks, no head band and ultimately in diapers for the ride home. We still stopped by to get groceries and I was more than exhausted. 5k is no joke. Who am I kidding, we walked most of the way but ran through the color stations to avoid so much color on us but ended up really dirty and not planning ahead. We didn't bring towels for the aftermath (as most people did) so we sat on Elliot's swaddles, changed our shirts and took showers as soon as we got home. After scrubbing for about ten million hours, we were finally clean and relaxed the rest of the day. We even got to watch a movie and have a beer to close the weekend.


Oh and I almost forgot to say that Button can now text ;) Send him your number for a cute duck face selfie! 


Have a great week!



14 comments:

  1. Awww me encantan tus blogs :) y tu bby es un hermoso..que bonita familia saludos Shadia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The button?!?! OMG so cute! Love it.

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! I did some decorating this weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! i love your fireplace & hardwood floors! your color scheme is amazing :) and hooray for FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel picture is the best. And, that last picture is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A friend of mine took it when my son was about 2 months old :)

      Delete
  6. I am in love with your baby photo on your fireplace!!!!! Its amazing!! I took a pic like that of my son's feet with our wedding rings but it didn't come out like I had hoped! Awesome decorating job!

    Chelsea
    weddingbellsandpuppydogtails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea!! My friend did an amazing job with my son's newborn pics! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...