Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap.

Big plans were set for this weekend but they were ruined by the weather! Well, more like us thinking the weather was going to ruin them so decided that was enough to not put them into action? Whatever it was, our weekend was still cool. Pun intended.

When I got home on Friday, I saw this little pumpkin Elliot made for Jack and I at daycare with his little footprint and loved it. I can't wait to buy some cool magnets to put this and all the other stuff daycare does for him/us he will be doing on the fridge. He's so crafty like mama! ;)



On Friday night my sister went over to our house to have a couple of drinks. Since she's not a big fan of the beer I drink (say what?) we decided to make these delicious drinks with champagne and popsicles. I saw these on a morning show one day and the looked soo good and also on one of my favorite blogger's IG and had been wanting to make them forever. These are really cool for a brunch or birthday party. Seeing that I didn't have anything else in my fridge other than my beer, champagne and OJ (which is no fun on a Friday night) I decided to make these for my sister and I. If you're looking for a light refreshing drink, this is it. Try it with your favorite popsicle flavor and you'll end up finishing a champagne bottle in no time. Not the case with us. Or maybe. We also had a dancing party in which only Jack and I participated and my sister thought we were being completely ridiculous. She's no fun.



After she left, Jack and I started decorating the door for Halloween. We are nowhere nearly done but we are getting there! Here's a preview. We made the bats by drawing them onto felt squares and cutting them out which was a pain in the ass but we took turns in drawing and cutting to have a nice variety and to rest our hands from all the cutting.





The letters I got at Hobby Lobby, they are wooden, unpainted letters and I just bought a little tube of paint, some small brushes and painted them black. I still want to add to the wreath but haven't found the right accessories. I did see some pretty cool fabric for a bow so I might just do that. We are also planning on adding a few more bats to the door and other windows in the same diagonal pattern. I also can't wait to buy a thousand few pumpkins for the front door.

I plan on adding this felt garland I bought on West Elm to our mantle and I will leave it there for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it's neutral enough to work for all three. Thanks to Jessica Garvin for the heads up on it!


Saturday we had a whole day planned consisting of an early breakfast, corn maze and pumpkin patch fun. So we started with the early breakfast and noticed it was getting windy and cold (remember the cold front I mentioned?). Yeah it got pretty windy so we decided to skip all that fun. About an hour later after our decision, the weather got so beautiful it would've been the perfect day to pick pumpkins and take cool pictures of Button! Boo to us. It was already too late because we ended up at the AT&T store where Jack finally joined the iPhone family and he's so happy. Like a kid in a candy store ;) We still plan on hitting the pumpkin patch next weekend! 

Sunday was a laundry/cleaning and preparing for Monday kind of day. We also played a lot with this little one. I wish everyday could be like this!


Then we were done. Button was done too. We were in bed sleeping by nine! I think that might have been the best part of the entire weekend. Going to bed early is a very rare occurrence and we needed it.


Are you already decorating for Halloween? Hope everyone had a great weekend!






3 comments:

  1. I've been eyeballing that same garland HARD. I'm resisting the urge to buy it though! For now ;) Love all of your decor! So impressed with your bats! I took the lazy way out and bought some I found pre-cut by Martha Stewart :p Yours are way cuter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute!! I love those bats!!!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut out bats for my living room wall - such a hand killer. ooph.
    I've never heard of this champagne popsicle thing - do you just like the popsicle melt in it? Looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...