Thursday, October 3, 2013

October Favorites.

If you're a working mama, have you ever stopped to realize how fast time goes by and how fast your kids are growing? As I was making dinner, I thought about the million and a half things I still needed to do while trying to spend as much time as I could with Elliot. It makes me feel so guilty. Like I should just drop everything I'm doing and be with him. Sucks!

This is on my Fall inspired love list.

I'm loving that it's feeling like Fall this week since we got a cold front and the high on Saturday and Sunday is like 72 degrees, can't get any better than that. Am I allowed to wear boots those two days? Because then we go back to the hot weather for a while. Ugh. I love cold weather.

PSL's. I just had my first one of the season and all I can say is I might go broke and make Starbucks even richer than it is.


Candy Corn cozie from Jumping and Jelly Bean on Etsy 

All the ideas for Halloween costumes. I mean, who doesn't want to see a baby in a costume? Elliot will be a cute little bat. I already bought him everything and he looks the cutest with his little bat hat. Also the fact that we get to celebrate Halloween with a kid. It's always been with our nieces and nephews and it was about damn time we got to do it with our own baby. We will be eating all the candy.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Did you know that 80% of women who have/had it did not have it in their family? I always, always thought that it was hereditary for the most part and that yes, sometimes it comes out of the blue. Turns out, I was wrong! Scary. Sorry to sound like a PSA but it scares the shit out of me. So in its honor, I did my nails and will keep them like this for the entire month.


Decorating. Seriously, I love it. As I've mentioned before, having my own house where I can decorate however the hell I want is like eating Doritos with Tabasco everyday and not gaining an ounce of weight. I'll be posting once I'm done with the house!

Speaking of weight, Insanity. Yes, Insanity. I hate it but I love it. I hate starting it, but I'm so glad I did it when it's over. Jack and I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now and man am I feeling it. It's a good kind of feeling. I love how the workouts change and you get to do something different. I think that was one of the biggest problems with my lack of motivation. How can anyone get motivated to run the same shitty amount of time everyday on a treadmill? Or even outside? Oh, you mean those who are runners. Fine. I don't like it okay? Okay :) Glad that's settled. Anyway, I'm already seeing results and can't wait to shed all this weight I have left. Thanks Button. I'm also glad I'm doing it now because I can't wait to wear cute sweaters with leggings and boots, and I'll be ready for the summer to wear some cute clothes too!

Chocolate. For some reason, I'm really liking the taste of the dark, dark, darkest chocolate. It's a little indulgence that Jack and I have once in a while. Plus it's good for you. These Ghirardelli squares are amazing. I can't wait to be able to have the hot version in a cup.



This gorgeous pin tuck comforter from West Elm that I already told Jack I want. How perfect is this for the Winter?! I picture many movie nights and snuggles in bed with Button and Jack. I love it in this exact color too.


The one dollar section at Target. Every.single.time we go to Target I have to stop by this section to see what goodies they have. I usually walk out with something and Jack looks at me like really? What? Most of the stuff is a dollar! I found these really cool beverage holders and had to grab all selections. Perfect to drink any pumpkin flavored beer for Halloween.



And last but not least, the fact that Columbus Day is coming up and I get a whole Monday off to spend with Elliot! So looking forward to that.

My little Button last night. Such a good little sleeper!



Yay for Thursday!


7 comments:

  1. wah to working!! :(:(:(:(:( and :):):) to your coffee cozy, beer cozy, cutie baby, chocolate and polish!!!!!!! :)

    mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that breast cancer was hereditary for the most part as well. I don't even like thinking about it really. I feel guilty too when I'm working. I have three kids, and dividing the time between the three, while be a working mom is daunting to me. Love you nails too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest coffee cozy ever! And, I love the nails. Great reason to paint them.
    You had me cracking up with decorating is like eating Doritos with Tabasco everyday...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for doing insanity, I want to try itbut I am scared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of it! Esp the picture of babe. So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try Insanity, but I seriously *hate* exercising! How horrible is it on a scale of 1-10? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the nails!
    great blog! Stumbled upon it and I'm definitely going to follow now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...