Monday, January 13, 2014

Our Weekend.

I haven't done one of these in a while because I am lazy to take pics sometimes, but mostly because there's been other stuff going on.

The highlight of this weekend was putting away the Christmas decorations. I don't know if I should call it a highlight because I was happy to get my home back but sad to put everything away until next year. And also the fact that if THAT was the highlight of our weekend, it means we have some life revamping to do around here. I think Button was sad too! He went to the tree all on his own and sat there, I swear he stared at it for a good minute. He would crawl away, go back, sit and look up. Kinda saddening.


Then he said, nah! There's always next year ;)


I bought some handy plastic containers from Home Depot and they were perfect. Three large ones fit everything since we still don't have a lot of Christmas stuff. Just wait till next year! Santa Claus is a'comin. Or maybe Mrs. Claus.


Of course this trip had to happen. We had to get Elliot proper shoes for daycare which meant the darkest color they had since he ruins them there with all the crawling and going outside. I wasn't going to put him in his cool red shoes are you crazy?! Those are weekend shoes ONLY. :)

He always, always, always holds on to dear life to both sides of the cart and doesn't let go for anything! It's the funniest thing. I think he pretends it's a roller coaster?


We made a good breakfast Sunday. Okay I'm lying, we didn't make it, we ran to Subway and got some delicious, healthy breakfast sandwiches but we did make really good smoothies to go with them. In mine I put OJ, peaches, strawberries, kale and cherries. It was so good I gave some to Elliot, the feeling wasn't mutual. He tasted it and threw his sippy across the kitchen. I think the OJ was too sour for him. Jack put milk, banana, kale, peaches and strawberries in his. Perfect addition to our sandwiches.


At Target, I also got this babe some new bowls and spoons to start teaching him the proper use of both and as you can see, half of his food is on the tray or on the floor, or him and his spoon is in one hand and food in the other. Great job!


I am also in the middle of planning his birthday party and I'm excited to say things are going pretty smoothly! I even addressed all invitations and they're ready to go. I have the colors, theme, decorations, etc. Post on that soon!


Is it Spring yet? We have been having beautiful weather in the low 60's and it got me thinking of all the planting and designing I want to do for our front yard! Yes, things like that get me excited. Don't judge.

Have a great week!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend:) I love the Subway breakfast sandwiches, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol about holding on to the cart at target! Too cute! I took the tree down the weekend after Christmas this year. I was over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a doll!! Sometimes weekends with not a lot of "highlights" are the best!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet his birthday will be so fun! The way he is holding the cart is too cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so handsome!!!! And happy. :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cute that he holds on in the cart. We are doing the same thing with Aria and eating from bowls/using a spoon - one hand has the spoon and the other scoops the food from the bowl =) She occasionally beats the tray with the spoon though! She is sooo much messier now. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  7. putting Christmas decor away is always sad for me :) But little button sure had me cracking up with his little "nahhh". Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...