Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birthday Mini Vacation.

Thank you all for your sweet wishes on my birthday! I still don't know how to feel about it, I guess this first year I'm going to feel like I'm still twenty-nine for a while, or a few more years ;)

We had planned this mini trip a few weeks before my birthday. I've always done something on this day whether it's a party, a dinner or drinks at a place and to be honest, with all of the everyday life craziness I needed something different. Plus turning thirty was a little depressing I'm not going to lie. Sometimes I feel like I should have accomplished all that I wanted to accomplish by now, travel more, have another kid, buy a car, etc. Oh well, this can happen in my thirties.

Anyway, Jack and I asked for Friday off and left that day early. The place we went to is up in the mountains in New Mexico and only a couple of hours away which is so perfect for a little getaway to a relaxing place.

We rented a cabin up high on a mountain where I have been going since I was little. The last time I was there was with my dad a couple of years ago and I knew it would bring back so many memories. I wanted to stay there anyway because they're in such a nice area with a gorgeous view. We got there and I knew that I would feel a little anxious just walking into the cabin but I felt good. Relaxed. Ready to be with my little family for the weekend without any interruptions. It's also isolated from the world, if you will, and I love that!

You get to the cabins through this castle front. I mean, how cool is that.



Once there, the view is just incredible. It relaxes you instantly.




If you follow me in Instagram, you saw that we popped open two beers almost as soon as we got there and cheered to my birthday, being there and the beautiful view we had.


We had absolutely not plans on doing anything when we got there and that is exactly what happened. Before coming up the mountain, we stopped at the store to pack up on food and snacks and of course beer!

We took naps, we played, we ate, we drank, slept some more and did it all over again for two days. We headed downtown for a little and grabbed some Starbucks, life saver!



The cabins also have an indoor pool which was so so cool, we got to take Elliot in and although the water was warm he was cold and didn't last very long but we enjoyed it so much!





It was a little windy but we didn't care! We went outside for a short walk. Just being surrounded by trees and no people, no problems, nothing, is the best thing in the world.


It was so weird, well not weird but awesome that this boy had so much fun, it's like he knew we were on vacation and he let loose. He was running around, yelling, laughing, playing on his own and it was the most amazing thing to see. He was so different and such a good boy. He didn't cry or complain the entire time! He did so good on the way there, while we were there and on the way back. Jack and I were in awe. 


We saw a herd of about ten deer and immediately ran to the balcony to see. I really wish you could have heard Elliot. The entire time he kept going "ooh ooh" in the cutest little voice.


We completely forgot to get me a little cake to celebrate my birthday but Jack put his shoes on and headed down the mountain to get me a couple of these little chocolate muffins on paper plates. Elliot totally wanted to take a bite.



This was the best way to spend my thirtieth birthday. We were so sad to go and promised to go back very soon. I loved every second I spent with my family and we had such a good time. Jack and I learned so much while we were there. He told me he wants more vacations like these because he truly enjoyed his time there with us and he says how we really need to enjoy life and stop worrying so much about everything. This did that to us. I completely agree with him. It was crazy, while we were there we didn't care so much about cleaning up, doing dishes, nothing. When we got home we unpacked and left the hamper full to the top with dirty clothes, did we care, nope. Jack even told me, don't worry about dinner this week, we will pick something up everyday. I was like, huh!? It's been a really nice break! This short trip definitely brought us closer together. We had not been on a trip as a family, and it's just such a different experience. Don't get me wrong, our Vegas days were so much fun but going on a trip with Elliot is so much fun too, a different kind of fun. 

I hope you all had the best weekend!! I know I did ;)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday! Love a nice cabin with family. I hope that enjoy this year of being 30 and fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect & I'm so happy you had the best time!! I just turned thirty too, it's definitely an adjustment to realize we are actually in our 30s!!!! But so far, so good!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect birthday to me!! Happy 30!! I've always wanted to go to a "cabin" how bad is it that I've never been? We live about 2 hours from a lake here and I really need to make an effort to get there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! So glad you guys were able to get away and relax a bit...and happy late birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetest fam. Glad you had a great bday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday lovely lady! Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate a new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a great birthday weekend!! Such a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is so amazing that he was so well behaved - he did know he was on vacation, which means time for laughing. Super cute. Sounds like a perfect birthday getaway. Hopefully there are plenty more. We've only done the busy too much to do 'vacations' with Aria - we really need to plan one of those get away from it all type soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wiiiiiish I could get away to New Mexico like that! Happy belated bday, it looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely birthday weekend! I'm sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday! 30 was hard for me, but 35 was much worse. I really do like being in my thirties so much, but the number is a harsh reality. I'm so glad you guys had a chance to get away. And it's so great that E was a chill vacation baby - I'm hoping that happens to Mac in a few weeks when we head to the beach. I'm not holding my breath though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...