Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Detoxing.

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend! We thoroughly enjoyed this long weekend and I loved spending four and a half days with Elliot!

I got a call from daycare on Thursday at a birthday luncheon for my boss telling me I needed to pick up Elliot because he had had two runny diapers. After two they can no longer keep them and they cannot come back the next day without a doctor's note releasing them stating that they're not contagious. I had a quick lunch and headed over to pick him up and immediately took him to his pediatrician. She said that he was in fact contagious and she was actually restricting him from daycare which meant I had to take Friday off to take care of him (which I didn't mind one bit), my boss was there at the table so I let him know what was going on and left for the day. Thank God that little strong boy got better that Saturday and we got to enjoy the weekend so much!

We even got to go to the neighbor's pool party and although he didn't get to get in the pool (I was still iffy about it because of his tummy) he loved standing around the pool watching all the kids play!

We ate burgers, hot dogs, nachos, chips (all in double servings), drank lots of beer and didn't work out this weekend. All of the things you're not supposed to do when you want to get in shape. This "cheat" weekend was worth probably about a million calories that our bodies will now have to get rid of.

I've been drinking detox water for a while now and all I have to say is that it works. It's also an aid on my journey to lose weight. You just have to find the one you like, or a few to avoid boredom, and stick to drinking them. Luckily for us, they have so many yummy options! My three favorite ones are cucumber, lime & mint, orange, lemon & mint and lemon, mint and I add blueberries for more flavor. I am also a fan of ginger so I'm trying that one next. It doesn't hurt to try any of these, they taste so good and cleanses your body! Plus you get a flatter belly. Win win and major win. Pinterest has tons of great options.

The cucumber helps your liver and kidneys filter the ammonia in your body, mint and lemon help digestion and orange stimulates your immune system! All you have to do is slice everything up, put them in a container with water, let them sit overnight and drink! It is so refreshing too.


On Monday, we desperately needed to recuperate so we made healthy meals, and ate lots of watermelon, it gives your liver an overall boost! Even more than cucumber! This boy is such a big fan of eating slice after slice! He was so used to me cutting it up for him and now that he found out he can eat it another way, he's not going back. It was so much fun looking at the faces he would make after every bite and he would always look down at his feet at all the juice dripping. He would stay still, take a bite then start walking around, every time. The cutest!


If you have any detox water favorites please share! Have a great short week!!

5 comments:

  1. Hehe love the watermelon eating pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's the cutest! That he would pause to bite then keep going =) I pop watermelon into Aria's mouth or it is just the biggest mess!! Hadn't though of a big slice outside. Such a smartie you are!

    Love the detox water. Great idea. Do you have a big container for it each day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting on the watermelon liver boost! Sounds a lot like our weekend minus the beer:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your water looks deish! My Amira loves watermelon too. That 2 runny diaper thing is new to me! Especially with teething babies and all, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear he is doing better! and I'm so interested in that detox water! thanks for sharing! do you get the mint from the produce section at the store? fresh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...