Monday, June 2, 2014

Our Weekend In Pictures.

Happy Monday all! Ha! Just kidding.

This weekend we promised ourselves that we wouldn't lift a finger to cook, clean or do anything that involved housework and just plopped ourselves on the bed or carpet and watched TV, movies and played with Elliot all weekend although we finished all of the laundry on Saturday so that we had the day off on Sunday. It was lovely.

So this is what happened, courtesy of my iPhone.

We let Elliot loose right before his bath on Friday and he loved it. He is the happiest in diapers. We played peek-a-boo and he pulled on the curtains so hard we thought the rod was going to fall on his head so that game ended pretty quickly. ;)



He makes the cutest faces and gestures!



That night was so nice, it was so beautiful outside, who knew the crazy hundreds were just ahead of us! So we put Elliot to bed and headed outside to water and have a beer.



I woke up early on Saturday (as if I could sleep in) and got ready for a very, very important appointment. My hair appointment. I was so excited! (ha it's the little things) and left Jack and Elliot to go to the salon. I met with my hair dresser (the best) and we got started on a long process of a mini makeover that was very much needed for this mama. I needed a complete change!


I wanted to go lighter and since my hair had a dark color, she had to bleach it to get me the color I wanted.



I love the way it turned out! It's the light brown that I wanted.



Meanwhile, Jack and Elliot played, read and played more.





And then he was looking and waiting for mama. I love him!



Saturday night we made a list of all of the projects around the house we need to take care of and will tackle over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Sunday we headed to lunch but since it was a million degrees out, we ate and headed straight home. We closed all of the blinds, curtains and watched more TV. Then it was time to prep for today. This little one went to bed and Jack and I got to enjoy some quiet reading time which hasn't happened in a long time.


A glass of champagne, thirty minutes of reading and a toddler (waa!) who only woke up ONCE the entire night made for a very good night's sleep. Maybe I need to do this every night. :)


Have a great week and may it be fast and painless!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for a mini makeover! :) Love the new hair color. And I'm loving your table close to the front door...so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair! It's so pretty! His faces kill me. He is seriously so freakin cute! But of course you already knew that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new hair! Sounds like a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new look is ah-mazing! Looks great on you. A weekend for just being at home is so needed from time to time, esp with wine and reading to end it and a good night's sleep. I love the pic of him looking out the window for you, that is the sweetest. I love when Aria is on the porch and I'm inside cooking and she stops to peak in at me and then goes back to playing with dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness i keep up with your little man on Instagram, iv been MIA for a while and he's gotten so big and continues to be soo adorbs!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those curtains!!!! and your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his faces and gestures too!! And you already know I love your hair:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...