Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Weekend.

I honestly had no plans for Father's Day (oops). I told jack that we were going to wing it and do whatever he wanted and it turned out to be a really nice weekend. It was so bittersweet as I kept scrolling down my Facebook and Instagram looking at pictures of everyone with their dads, their dads with their kids, it was sad really. This time of the year stresses and saddens me, but I couldn't let that bring the weekend down!

On Friday, I couldn't wait all the way till Sunday to give Jack his gifts and I blurted this out, like a jerk. He said okay he would open them so as a giddy little girl I went to the closet where I had hid everything already wrapped, card in hand and practically ran to the kitchen. He opened the card first, read it an cried. Just kidding, he read it, put it aside and opened up his glass. He loved it! He thought that was all I had given him and even washed it to use it and I told him that there was more. Who doesn't like the sound of that? He dug through the bag and found his second gift.

I got the pilsner from Things Remembered. I knew this is what I wanted to get him. Stuff that he would actually use and like and would last him forever. They even have ink colors now so I chose this red!



This is the second time I print Instagram pictures with Artifact Uprising and they are the absolute best. They had this wooden block that holds twelve pictures and I couldn't pass it up. I printed pics of Jack and Elliot and of Elliot alone for Jack to put in his office. We had been looking for a cool frame for him to take and just couldn't find a good one. This one is manly enough and the fact that you can put up a different pic is awesome! He loved it. He took it to work already and put it up. We plan on staining it too.



Saturday we let him sleep in of course. This boy is the silliest!!


We headed to the outlet mall to buy Jack much needed work clothes. Elliot insisted on going up and down this tiny little step. He liked this more than the actual rides. He was clearly amused by the rides. :)






I then took Jack to a spot that I've been to a couple of times where they have the best seafood, clams and oyster shots. He loved it. He wasn't so sure about the shot, he only had one and I had two. I bought some oysters and will be making my own. I'll post the recipe! They're non-alcoholic but have a whole oyster in them. They're so good I could drink ten in a row!



Elliot was the best. He ate his food, danced and talked to us. He knew it was Father's Day weekend. ;)



We headed home to rest for a while then went to Home Goods. I love that store. I've been looking for a cool centerpiece for our dining table and found the perfect items! I love these bottles and I loved the price too!



I'm not usually one to like much less buy fake plants but these look and feel real and I love the little setup! What a good man my hubby is to take me to this store on his weekend. :)



Sunday morning we woke up with Elliot like this. Now you see why we can't sleep? We put him in bed with us when he first woke up to drink his milk then fell back asleep. He is the craziest sleeper.



I made a Middle Eastern breakfast for Jack since it's his favorite. I made hummus, I'll post that recipe as well, Lebne with olive oil (thickened yogurt), cauliflower with eggs, fresh veggies and pita bread. I should have taken a picture of the aftermath. Not a crumb or leftover in sight.



Elliot ate blueberry pancakes & cauliflower and eggs.


We got a watermelon and obviously Elliot almost ate the entire thing. We spent the rest of the day hanging out, we watched a movie during Elliot's nap (which he fought for a good thirty minutes) and Jack mowed the lawn while we played with water outside. At the end of the night, Jack told me he had the best day. It wasn't much and we didn't really do much but he said it was perfect, as long as his family is with him. I agree. :)


Jack, you are the light of our lives. We are so fortunate to have you. You are an amazing father and husband and without you, we would come undone. I love seeing you and Elliot together, how he plays with you and how you make him laugh so much. I love that when Elliot says socks "toths" you think that's the cutest word you've ever heard and how you look at him and tell me he's the most beautiful boy in the world. I know you are going to teach him everything he needs to know to be successful and as good of a man as you are. We love you so much!


8 comments:

  1. I love oyster shots!! And although we are texting right now....lol... I needed to tell you on here how much I love your gift pics and that picture of your boys!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm, I'm not sure about the oyster in a shot...might pass on that one myself haha!

    We did the same thing though, no plans. Aria has been on a long mama cling and just kind of tolerating of dad when she isn't tired...but this weekend she was ALL about dad. I am sure it was the best gift he could have gotten, they spent the whole weekend playing outside. It is the simple things, spending time with family that are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love tjs, you had some really good finds!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! Those IG photos and that little wooden stand! I'm so going to do this for Tom for his birthday next month! He will love it for his office.
    Your photos are GORGEOUS and it looks like you all had an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gifts!! So cute! I need to get one of those for my beer lover! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great weekend! The beer glass is a great gift. I love giving practical gifts that are fun! Also love finding great stuff at Home Goods, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome weekend! I love that you were too excited about his gifts to wait until Sunday (I was too!). Love the AU photo holder. So awesome! I'll have to add that to my gift idea list for Ryan. And I'm so jealous about all the oyster eating. I miss oysters! And shots. :) I would absolutely LOVE your hummus recipe! Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looked like an awesome weekend! I laughed when I saw Elliot sleeping like that in your bed. Sofia is a cray cray sleeper and we try to have times where she sleeps with us but it's just not possible with those kicking feet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...