Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sweet Summer Treats.

It's Wednesday and the days over here are so hot and dry with a breeze that only makes it feel worse. We are ninety-six today and after being in the hundreds, I'll take ninety-six.

Aside from all the watermelon we have been inhaling this summer, all I want in this weather is a refreshing drink without it being overly sweet because then I get even more thirsty. So I whipped up three drinks that are sure to quench your thirst along with other summer treats. Just add alcohol on the weekend to any of these and you have a delicious and pretty little adult beverage. Plus, it takes a couple of minutes to chop everything and throw it in the blender, the exact time it takes for a toddler to escape your view before you have to go looking for him. ;)

The first one is watermelon and mint. Mint is so refreshing with everything even just plain water! We bought a watermelon that wasn't all that great, sweet but kind of soft and I like it really crunchy. It's much more refreshing that way. I told Jack that this one would be used to make drinks all week. I added ice, mint and a little water. I didn't add anything else to it. It is so good.


This is made with pineapple and mint. It is my favorite! I made it a couple of times this past weekend. I blended everything and you can't beat the frothiness of the pineapple and the freshness of the mint. I could drink this all day everyday! Elliot loves this one too and if you have a toddler that doesn't like a lot of fruit, these are perfect!


I got the recipe for this one off of Pinterest I think, and it's so good for a party for kids or for adults with some vodka in it or whichever kind you like. It has sparkling water, lemonade, lemon slices, mint and blueberries.


What better than a good ol' Popsicle. I have a bag of these and freeze pops in the freezer at all times because you never know when the craving will come. Especially right now. I don't give these to Elliot but I plan on making some with some recipes from Pinterest using real fruit and if you make one of the drinks above, throw some sliced fruit in there and you have a super healthy popsicle without all of the added sugars. I saw the cutest mold at Target that I need to go back for!


My most favorite treat this summer is this boy in swim shorts without a little shirt. I just want to hug him and squeeze him all day long!! We had some fun yesterday while Jack was watering outside. I got this container and buckets at Target, filled the container with water and Elliot was hesitant at first but then he loved the feeling of water on him. It was so hot out. He sat in a big puddle of water and didn't move for a while.


Whatever it takes to stay cool right?! A water table is in the buying process but this will do for now. This kid LOVES being outdoors and I can keep him cool and entertained at the same time. Works for me!

Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. All of those drinks look so refreshing. I love the popsicle molds, we make them every summer. I live in Texas, so I can relate to the heat. It drains you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am literally going to go out and get watermelon and mint to make that top drink. Oh. My. YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, what a great idea for the mooshy watermelon. I got one of those a couple watermelons ago and it did not get eaten but I didn't know what else to do with it. Man, where were you then?! =) Now I have a trick for next time, I bet it was delish in drink form too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That third (well and the rest) drink looks amazing !!!!!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is right up my alley can't get enough of refreshing drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I didn't know you had a blog! Love it and These all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything watermelon, and all that looks soooooo good! You should try the watermelon goodpop, usually sold at Whole Foods, but now in some HEBs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...