Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our Weekend.

The past couple of weeks have been so gloomy and rainy it almost makes me miss the Summer sunny days. Almost. I definitely don't miss the Texas heat! I love that it's September and our anniversary month!

This weekend was rainy as well except for Saturday afternoon which was perfect. We put Elliot to bed and played some Wheel of Fortune! We never miss it on the weekdays and playing it on the Wii is so much fun. We were laughing so hard that we woke Elliot up again (and he sat there and pointed at the TV then finally fell back asleep). Then this grandma fell asleep too.

Saturday mornings have been starting with Starbucks lately. Jack needs his morning coffee so after Elliot's breakfast off we went. Have you tried their spinach squares? They're so good! Plus the weather was so beautiful and a little chilly. Perfect for hot coffee.



Off to the park we went for some morning playtime.



I wiiiiin! He wanted to go on the monkey bars but wouldn't hold on to them. He just loved having daddy hold him up to them.




This picture melts my heart.



Saturday I attended my friend's bridal shower! She's getting married soon and I couldn't be happier for her. Her hubby-to-be is a college friend as well and she was one of my bridesmaids. I can't wait for the wedding! We had beautiful weather, sipped on mimosas, played games and ate good food. Her decorations were beautiful and I expected no less, I can only imagine what her wedding will look like. :) 



That night was margarita night for us, when I say us I mean me. :) Jack stuck to his beer. We're definitely no alcoholics but hell yes we need a drink or two on the weekends to relax.





Sunday morning my mom invited us to her house for breakfast. She made the best pozole in the history of pozole. We ate and chatted for a while then Jack and I rushed to the grocery store while Elliot stayed with grandma, my sis and niece. He loves being there! We got back and he was jumping around and not letting go of my sister. I love seeing that.

After it was almost time to leave, my mom and I went pomegranate and apple picking in her backyard before the birds got to them. We got two bagfuls! I took these home. Aside from looking beautiful they are so good! I can't wait to get some figs from her!


When my parents first built their house (and my dad was around) he wanted a home full of homegrown fruits and veggies. It was the absolute best. We had tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, chilies, you name it. A grape vine, peaches, pomegranates, apples, figs, apricots are some of the trees he planted in the backyard. In the front yard, he planted olive trees. Every harvest season, we would pick all the olives and he would pickle them in the most delicious way. Well there are still some jars left in the garage and we took a huge one home. Let's just say at the pace we are eating them, they won't last very long. We'll be back for more mom! :)


I hope you're enjoying (and getting) this beautiful Fall weather! Already looking forward to the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love fall! The picture of Elliot and Jack on the monkey bars is the best! So jealous of all your fruit trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some beautiful fall weather lately also! I'm hoping to pick some apples out back this weekend, if the bees aren't too bad that is. They're horrible this time of year! Love he park photos! Looks like he was having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend. Your photos are absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm drooling all over those olives. I've never had homemade olives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has definitely been just a wee bit nicer here lately,but I wouldn't mind a few more degrees down. haha that is cute that he wanted to be held up the monkey bars, but not hold them =) That is amazing that you can get your fruits and such from mom's house. How delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about the heat. We are in Houston, and this rain and humidity is no joke. Elliot is getting to be such a big boy. It sucks how fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...