Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Elliot's 4th Birthday

We celebrated Elliot's birthday last month and it was so much fun! I had asked him what kind of party he wanted and he didn't hesitate to say Ninja Turtles. I was out on maternity leave, and that gave me a bit more time to order what I needed and to scour the stores for Ninja Turtles stuff.

We got him a cake and balloons the night before and he loved waking up to that! I can't believe my boy is getting so big.



I ordered a jumping balloon because I knew that would give the kids entertainment and also because I know Elliot loves them. Getting the kids tired was just a plus for the kids' mamas. :)

We had pizza and I made two kinds of salads and had juices for the kids, water, sodas and beer for the adults. I know, it's a kids party, but it's never too early or too inappropriate for an adult beverage right? We had a full house of family and friends and Elliot was so happy. That's really all that mattered! Oliver spent the day sleeping and woke up by the end of the party, and I don't have any pictures of him! 

I bought the banner, favor tags and invitations from Haley Madison Design Studio on Etsy. It's so much easier to get everything this way and not have to worry about everything coming from different places.

I think my favorite thing about his party was the cake! It was so delicious and exactly what I wanted, when I showed Elliot a picture I found on Pinterest of this cake he was so excited. One of my sweet friends pretty much took care of the ordering and making sure it was what I wanted for this party. I also opted for candy bags instead of favors. So much easier and it's a tradition for us since I was a kid, I remember looking forward to those. I filled them with Mexican candy (my favorite) from a local candy store. Super inexpensive and so good! I did include some TMNT tattoos. I purchased the bags from Amazon at a great price.

The kids played pin the pizza slice on Mikey and it was hilarious. The birthday boy ended up winning a dollar and has been saving it ever since, it's the cutest thing.

For more entertainment, I bought foam swords, nun chucks and TMNT masks and put them in a basket outside by the jumping balloon. They were a hit! Literally. :)








 When I ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says a zombie, or a doctor. Both great careers. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...